Acrygel - good product - good money earner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Wild

Reaction score
I have been offered a free acrygel course by Michelle Porter, but I will have to buy the training kit (about £100 inc vat). Is it a good product, do people like it? MP say it is, as you might expect!

:eek:

Hi,

I love AcryGel.
I did the Conversion course a few years ago now, and did the Nail Art Encapsulation course as well.
I love this product! It's so easy to work with, it's quick and has no odour.
If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it! :)
My clients love it too!!

how did u get offered the ourse free - u lucky devil u ;)

I use Acrygel occasionally and think it gives fantastic results - very strong and a good finish, however, the clients I have used it on always complain of severe heat spurs (I have applied thinly and also told client to just place hand near the entrance of the lamp rather than straight under yet they still have agonising pain???)! Plus, I also find it very difficult to remove.....such a shame because apart from the factors mentioned it really is a great product

how did u get offered the ourse free - u lucky devil u ;)

A lot of companies offer free conversion training, the condition being that you buy the kit of products. Luck has nothing to do with it. CND and OPI offer it that I know of, there will be others.

OMG i really didnt know this! I only trained just over 6 mth ago yvette and since coming on this site I have been overwhelmed with how inspired i actually am and am now an addict lol.... How would i find out about courses in my area for various companies or is it just a case of contacting each company to find out? Thanks yvette

OMG i really didnt know this! I only trained just over 6 mth ago yvette and since coming on this site I have been overwhelmed with how inspired i actually am and am now an addict lol.... How would i find out about courses in my area for various companies or is it just a case of contacting each company to find out? Thanks yvette

You can do it one of 2 ways really: either search on here for conversion courses and then see what the deal is on each and if you want to use their products or decide who you want to train with and then see what their training options are.

Some have criteria that you need to meet before you can convert to them but it varies from company to company.

If you tap fingers on the table before going under the uv lamp it will stop the burning!

I didnt get on with this very well at all, I didnt find them strong at all either, the 1st 3 all had breakages over night, I have stopped using it now and only use acrylic. maybe i should have rang them 7 asked. after hearing these replys it must have been me.lol.xx

I've never used this product, but it totally makes me cringe when I read of severe heat spikes and advice like 'tap your fingers on the table' to take the focus off the pain (how professional is that?) .... as though it it accepted that pain should be part of a gel service?? What is that all about?

Pain should never be an expected part of any nail service ... if it is, then it makes you no different than the discount salon down the road that might trash peoples nails.

So many of the techs on here think it is just dreadful that clients come to them from other salons complaining of nail damage and pain!! And now you are accepting it as part of the service you give with a product as being OK?

Every time a client feels a bad heat spike, then that heat spike has burned and done damage.

There are gels that do not cause pain or burn and are certainly as strong ! I would say find them and use them and push yourself and your knowledge up a notch or two in the industry. Give your clients what is best for them.

I winced when I read this! At least you know before you buy into the system of the problems you are planning to use.

I have done gel nails for many years, and have been trained by ibd and Michelle porter , the lamp does not actually burn your fingers! And could not compare to cheap nail salons that take layers of the nail bed off!!!

I also have done gel for many years. I would even say many many years :) and i have seen thousands of clients

I never said that the lamp burned anyone! The heat spike is what causes the pain and the burning and it does cause tissue damage and over time it can even cause permanent onycholysis if a client is repeatedly subjected to a burning painful heat spike.

In my opinion damaged nails caused by any nail technician makes them no better than the worst technician in a non standard salon. Why would anyone who cares, use products that cause pain ... When they don't need to?

I completely agree!! Pain is not necessary. Pain=STOP

I agree with Geeg ....I had damage to my nails when i had gel enhancements applied back in April this year 2 months on i am still having probs as my nails were wrecked and i don't believe it was the gel ..I had terrible burning sensation when my nails went under UV lamp...I believe that it was due to the nail tech filing my natural nail too much ( he used an e-file on my natural nail when he preped my nails for the gels.
I know not all people will have had thier natural nail e-filed but for sure the burning was due to my natural nail filed too thin.

I guess i am not at the stage where i can comment on gel enhancements as i just started training :) Actually i passed my first test tonite at college..97% pass :) I know it will get harder as we get further into it but im happy im getting off on a good start :)

I'm sure i will have many questions about acrylics and gels when i start enhancement training :) But for now ...i know that burning feeling is a sign of damage to nail plate ...I experienced it and never want to again!

Latest posts

Back