Acrylic allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lana1690

Reaction score
Ive had acrylic nails done for many years. About 6 months ago i had a reaction where my cuticles itched and then went bumpy after they were rubbed because they were so itchy. I know ive been a naughty girl and gone and had them done at a nail bar so assumed that it was the acrylic liquid they use. I use Nouveau products(EMA) and tried my liquid on my cuticle and had the same reaction. Also after having nail done for such a time i have a VERY thin nail plate.
I had some gel nails done but didn't like them as they are to hard to look after and don't like the filing of part(as nail plate is thin) so now have removed all nail products and am letting them rest until thin plate as grown out.
Do you think the reaction could be down to the plate being so thin or do you think i just am allergic to the liquids???

Ive had acrylic nails done for many years. About 6 months ago i had a reaction where my cuticles itched and then went bumpy after they were rubbed because they were so itchy. I know ive been a naughty girl and gone and had them done at a nail bar so assumed that it was the acrylic liquid they use. I use Nouveau products(EMA) and tried my liquid on my cuticle and had the same reaction. Also after having nail done for such a time i have a VERY thin nail plate.
I had some gel nails done but didn't like them as they are to hard to look after and don't like the filing of part(as nail plate is thin) so now have removed all nail products and am letting them rest until thin plate as grown out.
Do you think the reaction could be down to the plate being so thin or do you think i just am allergic to the liquids???

Hi

Itchy cuticle hase nothing to do with a thin nailplate. The way you,re telling it, it sounds to me like an allergic reaction. I advice you to go to the doctor and try to find out what it is that you are allergic to.
Hope the outcome is possitive for you:hug:

good luck

greets Liz

Just a thought but it could be over exposure to the products...you shouldn't be placing monomer on your skin! You may have developed an allergy due to over exposure.
Rhiannon x

This is definatley over exposure, the liquid coming into contact with your skin, I know as I have suffered this when I first started doing nails I got the liquid all over myself before I knew what I was doing properly and went on lots of courses, there is no cure but can be eased with creams, :sad: I now keep the liquid away from skin and have not had this for sometime now.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly . No more acrylic nails for me from now on.:cry:

You do not have to stop having acrylic nails because of the reaction, as long as you or the technician keeps the monomer (liquid) off your skin you will be fine, you can also put a barrier cream on your fingers before you start, saying this make sure you don't have any on your nails as you will cause lifting, hope this helps.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back