Acrylic bead bubbles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saztonka

Hairbysarah
Reaction score
Hi nail geeks

I am having a problem with little bubbles in my acrylics. Iv never had it before. Ive stopped doing them for a while and now started back up.

Its frustrating me I have read reviews and forums and done everything I should be.

I have fanned the brush in monomer first to release air then one sweep up the side of the dappen dish, used the naio 1,2,3 sweep for ratio. Then applied to nail and left a few seconds before pushing into place. I noticed before putting bead on nail bubbles are in there. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Can any nail geeks advise please?

It is likely what you see aren't air bubbles but unmixed powder particles because your mix is too dry.

You say that you stopped for a while,then started back up. Are they new products!? Could it be your product is out of date, if opened, left unused for a considerable amount of time or stored incorrectly!? X

Last edited:
I will try a wetter bead then. Thanks. I have all new products i used to use nsi which i loved but now use the edge or naio. Ive never had problems before but out of practice lol. Would you recommend using larger dappen dish 2?i use the normal small ones atm. X

You don't need a bigger dish. You only need a small amount of monomer for a set & should be working with as little as possible to minimise odour.

I would look into brands, pick one with a solid reputation and get a bit of training - a conversion course would do & they are extremely cost effective. Having someone knowledgeable see what you do is such a quick way of addressing issues.

In the meantime get a sheet of paper or tin foil & practice simply placing beads. Boring but necessary :)

The attached pic is a super dry bead that I made on tin foil - it was very hard to capture but you can see the air bubble effect against my skin. This is an exaggerated version of what I suspect you see :)

Attachments

• super dry l&p bead.jpg
    super dry l&p bead.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 154

Latest posts

Back