Acrylic colour powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koko23

Reaction score
Hey

New here , recently qualified in acrylics and just practising on friends and family atm.

I normally do acrylics with gel polish on top but wanted to try acrylic powder . I used a pale pink shimmer one but it went on really uneven , there were bits of the nail that wasn't taking to the powder . I used on top of natural white acrylic powder. Am I doing sonething wrong or was it just the powder I'm using ? Hoping someone can help xxxx

I'm a bit confused by what you mean.

Can you go through all your stages of prep, to completion, and tell us which brands and products you are using please?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean.

Can you go through all your stages of prep, to completion, and tell us which brands and products you are using please?

Sorry , I used tips , done all my prep and used standard liquid and powder to sculpt nail . I then filed and buffed nail .. At this point I would normally do a gel polish but instead I done a layer of naio nails colour acrylic powder . It was only taking to some parts of the nail and looked really patchy and uneven . Just want to get to the bottom of it as would like to be able to use acrylic colours instead of just using gel polish for colour. Hope this makes more sense xxx

Ok so I would have done everything the same up and til acrylic application. Lay down a clear base of acrylic, then your colour acrylic, then encapsulate if desired with clear. Then file buff and top coat.

Hey

New here , recently qualified in acrylics and just practising on friends and family atm.

I normally do acrylics with gel polish on top but wanted to try acrylic powder . I used a pale pink shimmer one but it went on really uneven , there were bits of the nail that wasn't taking to the powder . I used on top of natural white acrylic powder. Am I doing sonething wrong or was it just the powder I'm using ? Hoping someone can help xxxx

I have never had that happen, been doing nails for over 25 yrs. its more than likey the powder

Thanks ladies I'm thinking it must be that powder it was really strange . Can anyone recommend any good colour acrylics ? Xx

Thanks ladies I'm thinking it must be that powder it was really strange . Can anyone recommend any good colour acrylics ? Xx
CJP, Team Gorgeous and Glam and Glits are my favourites. Although some find G&G difficult to work with. I don't, it's just a different ratio that's needed

CJP, Team Gorgeous and Glam and Glits are my favourites. Although some find G&G difficult to work with. I don't, it's just a different ratio that's needed
Thank you will check these out xxxx

Latest posts

Back