Acrylic Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hey :)
Just wanted to be nosy and see who people trained with as I really want to be trained in acrylic nails but have no idea where to start looking :(

Any replies will be appreciated :)

My best advice is find a brand that you like and do their training. It is ok to do a course at a local college where you will get a good basic foundation to it. But i found it so much better in a brand, better training, product knowledge and help and assistance if you do go with a brand. Lots of geeks on here will tell you which they prefer. I would look at the main brands, what the training involves and if you can afford to buy it in once qualified. I trained with CND, best decision i ever made. Good luck in your quest to find information. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you for the info Lysa :)
Can i pick your brain a bit more and ask what other brands there are?
I need to do some serious research into this as i'm so clueless :o

Other well known brands include Ezflow, NSI, Young Nails, Nail Harmony, Entity, Nfu Oh .....

This isn't an exhaustive list by any means and just off the top of my head. Run some searches on here for more that techs recommend ..........

:biggrin:

Big thanks to both of you, i really appreciate the help :hug:
I will definitely look into those :)

Thank you for the info Lysa :)
Can i pick your brain a bit more and ask what other brands there are?
I need to do some serious research into this as i'm so clueless :o

Yes of course, I can also think of NSI, Artistic, Harmony plus all the others stated above. I really would look into each brand. Some cost more to train with, some of their training is more intensive than others. One good bit of advice I can give you is, you cannot learn to do nails, nail anatomy in one day. Don't cut corners.x

I trained with NSI and they were fab :)

I trained with Crystal Nails products at Phoenix College in Gt Baddow, Essex (saw your location is Essex). Crystal is good but not widely known. I converted to CND with Justine Crick in Braintree. Great tutor. I have also used NSI which I really liked too.

I trained with Crystal Nails products at Phoenix College in Gt Baddow, Essex (saw your location is Essex). Crystal is good but not widely known. I converted to CND with Justine Crick in Braintree. Great tutor. I have also used NSI which I really liked too.

How long and how much was your Braintree course?

Im thinking of going down the CND or NSI route as it seems the most well known :)

Lelu, now you have made the switch from nsi to cnd, have you noticed a difference? I'm thinking of doing the same and wondered if it's worth it? Cheers :) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

How long and how much was your Braintree course?

Im thinking of going down the CND or NSI route as it seems the most well known :)

As I had already done a nail tech course I just did a one day one-to-one day. Training details are on www.sweetsquared.co.uk under Education.

Lelu, now you have made the switch from nsi to cnd, have you noticed a difference? I'm thinking of doing the same and wondered if it's worth it? Cheers :) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally I found them quite similar.

As I had already done a nail tech course I just did a one day one-to-one day. Training details are on www.sweetsquared.co.uk under Education.

Thanks for your help :)
I have sent them an email to find out some more information :green:

Loved my course with CND, love the products and love being part of the brand and creating fab nails every time!

Latest posts

Back