acrylic,gel,fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Hi

Hoping to do a CIBTAC course in Acrylic, Gel and Fibreglass nails. I am completely new to nails. Will this be good for my small salon? Is there a big demand for these treatments? Once I complete this course will there be a lot to buy for my salon so that I can offer this service to clients. Any other advice would be great.

Thanks

Demand varies from one place to another. I know some tech's who do nearly all L&P and some who do nearly all manicures and pedicures. I don't think many tech's use Fibreglass anymore but I could be wrong. You need to do some research in your local area.

As for the cost of setting up a salon I would do a search on the business geek as there are many posts already about this. Have you got a beauty catalogue that will give you an idea of what you will need and the cost. Here is a list of a few things that you will have to include:

Enhancement Products & Tools (gel, cuticle pusher)
Salon Hygiene Products (tool disinfectant e.t.c.)
Salon Essentials (lint free pads, towels e.t.c.)
Salon Furniture & Equipment (lamps, desk e.t.c.)
Insurance
Advertising & Printing
Rent & Utilities
Phone

Of course there are many many more things you would have to factor into your costs but it gives you a start xx

Demand varies from one place to another. I know some tech's who do nearly all L&P and some who do nearly all manicures and pedicures. I don't think many tech's use Fibreglass anymore but I could be wrong. You need to do some research in your local area.

As for the cost of setting up a salon I would do a search on the business geek as there are many posts already about this. Have you got a beauty catalogue that will give you an idea of what you will need and the cost. Here is a list of a few things that you will have to include:

Enhancement Products & Tools (gel, cuticle pusher)
Salon Hygiene Products (tool disinfectant e.t.c.)
Salon Essentials (lint free pads, towels e.t.c.)
Salon Furniture & Equipment (lamps, desk e.t.c.)
Insurance
Advertising & Printing
Rent & Utilities
Phone

Of course there are many many more things you would have to factor into your costs but it gives you a start xx

Thanks Dinky. Yes I already have a room to work from with a couch, nail bar etc. I meant what equipment etc would I need after doing the acrylic, gel, fibreglass course. Would it be expensive. Thanks anyway for taking the time to list all of the above.

I think this would depend on the nail tech, as I am a L&P tech yet I am going to learn gel system next year and also fibre glass as I think it is wise to know esp for natural nail breakages.

I will still 90% of the time use L&P however if client came to me and was unsuitable for them then I would try her with gels.

You would use the same tools for all 3 systems except brushes and odd few bits but your products as in liquid powder gel resin tips forms etc would be alot more than just offering one system, but I do feel it is better to KNOW how and why a dif system should be offered as an alternative.

Do you know the difference between gels and L&P, and the benefits and drawbacks? also these will vary between individuals.

HTH xxx

Latest posts

Back