Acrylic keeps popping off please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
Hi I'm training in acrylics and they are not lasting more than a couple of days they just keep popping off. I'm prepping the nail pushing back cuticles, dehydrating the nail plate and priming before applying acrylic but they are still popping off and starting to lift within 2/3 days. I'm back at college tomorrow but I just getting down about it. I don't know where I'm going wrong if any one can help I would be grateful thank you x

This used happen me and I discovered I was completely leaving out buffing the natural nail in my prep maybe thats it? Or your tipping might be using tips too small

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lifting is usually down to the nail prep or getting acrylic on the cuticle. Make sure you're using your primer as per instructions, and your acrylic isnt too runny and flooding the cuticle.

Thank you both for replying i think now you mentioned the acrylic being too wet that that could be the problem. I will practise acrylic beads and my nail prep thank you x

You need to roughen the nail slightly so the acrylic has something to adhere to, i barely touch the nail so not to damage, if its too wet it will eventually dry but will weaken x x

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back