Acrylic liquid/powder over natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lildevious

Reaction score
Ok, so seems i posted this in the wrong place initially. Oops.

Just after some advice really.

I already have really strong, pretty, healthy long nails naturally. I take really good care of them etc. I dont want to go pointlessly clipping them to stick false tips on! I'm an amateur, only ever painted my nails before.

I am hugely into painting really intricate patterns on them but I've recently got some fimo pieces and I have loads of rhinestones with so many ideas about what to do with them. I want to basically set them properly on my nails so they dont get knocked off at first opportunity. As long as I'm really careful and remove the acrylic properly (soaking them for at least 20 mins in acetone yada yada yada) will I be okay to use acrylic liquid and powders to create the looks I'm going for? I have the electric nail file/drill that I'd need to get it all smooth once its on, and rather than using the UV gel setting coat, I was going to go for the high-gloss clear top coat that I usually use anyway.

So basically can i do acrylics without making an "enhancement" with tips?

I dont want to go to a salon by the way, because doing my nails is about the only thing I really *enjoy* doing at the moment, and I dont really want to pay someone else to take that privilege away from me if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance :)

Latest posts

Back