Acrylic nail courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratbag

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm currently studying for NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy and have decided not to do NVQ 3 as there seems to be a lot of massage involved, which I think I'll struggle with as I have arthritis in my spine. Instead, I want to do an acrylic nail course and have been looking online at my options.
I found The Beauty Academy in Leeds who do a 1 day intensive acrylics course, is it possible to learn acrylics in 1 day?
I then found a distance learning course, which looks quite good, but can you really learn acrylics from a DVD?
I then looked at CND via sweet squared, which would be great, but is a lot more expensived than the other options.
I'm now just going round in circles and am worried about wasting my money on a lesser course and then having to do another one.
Does anyone have any experience with any of these courses?
Many thanks
Jen
x

A one day course is ok if you're already trained in a product and are converting to another brand, however, to be able to learn L+P in 1 day, from scratch, is a tall order in my opinion. I'm not a fan of distance learning, there's nothing quite like having your educator there with you, able to correct you and guide you in person :D
From the ones you've mentioned I would go with CND, I'm maybe slightly biased as I'm CND trained and love their products.
If you do the CND course then you won't be wasting your money :D

I would do the CND as well they do train properly and it's worth the investment xx

Well I've spent a lot on nails courses over the years and converted to CND about 16 months ago. I wish I would have trained with them to begin with because their products and training are unlike any other I have used or trained with in the past. I would definitely think about training with them because in my opinion they are the best that is why so many nail techs on here and all over the world use them. But like velencianails I too am biased :)

CND definately seems the way to go, it's just soooo expensive and they don't offer the facility to spread the cost. The 5 day course costs nearly as much as my whole year long NVQ 2 course!
Think I might have to think about selling a kidney or something, LOL

Personally id go for one to one training and training that is spaced out over a few weeks, id make sure it includes prep, application, different methods eg tips, sculptured... and also how to do infills and rebalances.

Theres lots of companies out there and companies tend to have trainers all over the country, personally i dont think you can put a price on good training, and if your really getting stuck into the industry id always advise continuing your training over the years to reach the highest level possible, theres always sooooo much to learn and for me its fun, I love it!

Make the right choice for you and listen to peoples advise, i dont know what I would of done without my peers :D

:hug: xxx

CND definately seems the way to go, it's just soooo expensive and they don't offer the facility to spread the cost. The 5 day course costs nearly as much as my whole year long NVQ 2 course!
Think I might have to think about selling a kidney or something, LOL

You get what you pay for and the 5 Day Foundation Course is worth every penny!

Latest posts

Back