Acrylic nail popped off the next day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrsa09

Reaction score
Hiya, I wondered if I could have some pointers? I did an acrylic set on a lady yesterday and today the first finger has literally popped off as in no damage at all...I forgot to take photos sorry!!!

She had a baby 6 months ago...is it crazy to suggest that could be it?

When I was applying her tips, they literally were not sticking and one 'popped off' when I was filing it into shape.

The only thing I think it could be is that I didn't use primer because CJP doesn't require it and I've not had any problems before....I repaired it for her and used acid primer just in case.

Now I'm panicking that they will all pop off one after the other

Has anyone had the same experience??

That’s so weird! Initially just put it down to the person having like smothered her hands in oil before she got there or even just some weird condition she didn’t mention/maybe even you got tired and did something you don’t normally do. We are only human and we can make mistakes. Once I had this with gel polish many years ago and I realised I’d not put base coat on -I’d worked a 70hr weeks and had done the nails after, was just shattered, then had to redo half of them the next day. They had super shrinkage and I couldn’t figure it out til too late.

You’ve repaired it so that should be the end of it...but even with gel systems that don’t need any bonder I still use my gellux fast bond with them or they don’t last as long.

Maybe try it on yourself one with and one without your primer to test it?

And no, it’s not crazy to think there is a pregnancy interaction. Others will disagree but the only people that have had trouble with retention out of my clients have been pregnant. Just lasting like 1-1.5wks instead of 2. There is no logical reason but it happens. Only once did they actually pop off though and I had really suspected she did it on purpose but that was gel polish..she said in consult that they never stay on her and I was like yeah whatever..oh. Oh man.

That’s so weird! Initially just put it down to the person having like smothered her hands in oil before she got there or even just some weird condition she didn’t mention/maybe even you got tired and did something you don’t normally do. We are only human and we can make mistakes. Once I had this with gel polish many years ago and I realised I’d not put base coat on -I’d worked a 70hr weeks and had done the nails after, was just shattered, then had to redo half of them the next day. They had super shrinkage and I couldn’t figure it out til too late.

You’ve repaired it so that should be the end of it...but even with gel systems that don’t need any bonder I still use my gellux fast bond with them or they don’t last as long.

Maybe try it on yourself one with and one without your primer to test it?

And no, it’s not crazy to think there is a pregnancy interaction. Others will disagree but the only people that have had trouble with retention out of my clients have been pregnant. Just lasting like 1-1.5wks instead of 2. There is no logical reason but it happens. Only once did they actually pop off though and I had really suspected she did it on purpose but that was gel polish..she said in consult that they never stay on her and I was like yeah whatever..oh. Oh man.
I was wracking my brain thinking about what I could have done! I know for a fact I didn't use primer but when I did the repair I used it so will see!

I'll test that out using primer on one hand and not the other, it really freaked me out when I saw the nail... No damage, but I must admit it did look really oily and when I was applying the tips I even asked her if she has oily skin because I was having trouble, I wiped with acetone before using CJP prep a few times because it was freaking me out!

I'm glad it's not just me then, everything I read on here suggested damage would be present which I why I started worrying!

What made me panic was that she says she's had acrylics on loads before but not since the baby... So strange!

Thanks for getting back to me, really appreciate that!! Xx

Latest posts

Back