Acrylic nail technicians - I take my hat off to you!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baselrod

Reaction score
I had my first set of acrylics put on today - SO WHAT?! - you might say.. Well, I'm a VTCT NVQ II qualified beauty therapist and have learnt overlay and sculpting with Bio Sculpture and work as a part time mobile therapist. After becoming addicted to this site and getting very excited I thought I'd train and do the foundation course with CND and also offer this service to clients. After sitting and watching the very skilled technician do my nails today I have decided against it! Not because they are awful - they are beautiful, but it has suddenly dawned on me that to get that good takes years (and perhaps working every day at it and practice, practice, practice). I am currently operating as a mobile beauty therapist and have realised that the one set of nails I would do every now and again is not sufficient to call myself a true "trained nail professional" - which I'm sure lots of people do (and I've seen posts moaning about this fact) - I now understand where you are coming from. To create acrylics this good (and having minimum work done to nail plate) needs the "professional touch"

Sorry for babbling on but just wanted to let all you "proper" technicians know that some of us do realise our limitations and are quite happy to refer people to you if they should request such a service :Love:

I will now stick to my manis and pedis and train instead in the spa systems with CND!

Just thought I'd share this with you (not sure if this a thread or where else I would put this)

Amanda .x.

What a lovely thread
:hug:

That is a lovely thread and very honest. I take my hat off to you! I once was one of those that thought the art and passion of nails can be gained overnight but luckily enough after investing in a home learn course and coming across this fab site I was proved wrong. It takes a lot of time, money, determination, practice and passion to become a professional nail tech and even after a year I am still nowhere near the standard that I would like to be. I have now trained with 2 of the best companies and have made the plunge of going part time in my office job so that I can start to fulfil my passion in nails. I really admire your decision and am sure you will be a great achiever in the CND spamanicure option.
Good luck with the course babe, I haven't done that particular one but I am sure you will love it
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

may i offer my very best wishes for a successful future in all that you do. I too admire you and your great honesty and professionalism.

I am a qualified nail tech but it is an art and as good as people think I am (because they kept coming back) I decided to knock it on its head, its hard to be so good! Like you I refer people on to the pros in this area.

A nice thread ~ good luck with the business xxx

I agree that this is a lovely thread, thank you. But I would'nt be so quick to jump the gun and discount doing L+P. I am fairly new - well 2 years experience, but learning L+P is so rewarding, hard work, but the satisfaction you get from seeing your work improve is a real buzz. Yes its practise, practise, practise but just 5 nails worth everyday will see your skills develop quite rapidly and its good fun I promise.

just my pennies worth :)

anne xx

I did cnd L & P and Brisa gel last year. When I started the liquid and powder my nail extensions to say the least were awful and kept coming off and I thought I was useless and very frustrated. Each time I went back for my next training session I picked the brains out of my very understanding and patient tutor. The nails used to be so lumpy I would be filing at them for ages and I thought I would never ever be able to do a set on a client.
Now I am 5 months on and I have a lady that has been coming to me every 2 - 3 weeks and next week will be her 4th visit and when she walks in the door and I look at them I cant believe how well I have done. I have so much respect for good nail techs as I know myself how hard it is to learn this skill. Clients used to say to me you dont need to do a course it looks easy I could probably do it myself. How wrong are they. It takes great trainers and lots of practice and skill to do that little work of art on their fingers. A family member once said to me who was stressed because of their work ' how would you know you just sit and do nails all day'! I was so angry because it takes so much concentration and so much skill plus you have the pressure of being nice and professional and talking to the client. I am so glad I chose CND and fee and Fiona were fabulous trainers.
RESECT TO ALL NAIL TECHS:Grope:

Latest posts

Back