Acrylic Nail Technology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard-as-Nailz

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently studying nail technology and the college use an acrylic system (quite gutted I won't be learning gel etc) the products are The Edge.

What's your views/experiences on this system and The Edge products etc and also do you think I will need to do subsequent courses in say gel and or fibreglass?

Thanks in advance! :)

The Edge is a low end product, which is why Colleges are the main people to use it in training as they don't have the budget to buy in a premium product system. (In my opinion ;) )

If you have a good lecturer I am sure you will be able to learn how to apply a reasonable set of nails with this system. However if you go on and do a conversion course in a premium product (CND, EzFlow,Entity,Harmony to name a few) then you will notice a huge difference in how they work and how much more workable and easier to use they are.

I do think the College you are at is right in teaching you acrylics first as it is the most difficult system to master. Once you have mastered it then you should consider also training in a good Gel system the you will be able to cater for more clients.
That said Acrylic (L&P) has always remained my first love in this business and it is still by far the most popular system for nail enhancements.

Hope this helps.

Hi, yes thank you that does help a lot. I know Edge products aren't anywhere near CND but thought it's probably best when you are learning and practising. I will try and do a conversion course once I've finished this one, do you know how much they are?

I am pleased to be doing acrylic as I guessed it would be the most popular, but I know some people do go for gel. Our tutor is going to try and let us do a course similar to gelish on the end of this one, which is always useful.

Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back