Acrylic nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateuk2

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to salon geek! But i joined because i want to put myself through some training and don't want to regret my choices. I really want to do some acrylic nail training. I'm a qualified beauty therapist but have no experience in acrylics. I want a reasonably priced course, preferably in surrey/london. Available kits with training would also be a bonus as well as just one day training as i need to fit it around work :D I was thinking about the Carlton Insitute but then read on here they're not so good. Please Help!!!Thankyou xxx

Go with CND - without a doubt! I went with a different company to start with and wish I;d gone with CND (sweet squared are the UK distributor of their products). I had to take holiday to be able to go to my course and it was worth it - if it's something you think you'll really enjoy then go for it! I don't think the home style courses would of suited me - i needed a real person to be able to point out what i was doing wrong. And most of the 'real people' courses are going to mean you need to take time off work! As i say, i really do think this is worth it though...

Good luck in your choices :)

Oh thanks bezza for your quick reply! Are they good for people who have never worked with nail extensions at all??I've just been on their website but can't seem to find info about their training :sad:

Oh thanks bezza for your quick reply! Are they good for people who have never worked with nail extensions at all??I've just been on their website but can't seem to find info about their training :sad:

Speak to Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060, they are the UK distributors and educators for CND.

CND products are the best in the industry and their education is second to none, you don't need experience to train with them, that would be a bit limiting don't you think?

Give them a call, you wont regret it.

Hi
I'm also relatively new to Salon Geek too and decided to join for same reasons as KatieUK2, having made some bad choices for my initial nail training last year! :sad:.
I am now booked in with CND for the L&P foundation course in two weeks time in Essex and can't wait. I only wish I had trained with CND in the first place as I would have saved myself hundreds of pounds.
I have spoken to loads of girls since my initial training and everyone has said CND are the best there is. When I have phoned S2 & CND they have always been sooooo nice and not at all intimidating - they are a real breath of fresh air.
Good luck with your choices!

hiya
I'm based near Gatwick and teach all EzFlow classes from beginners to advanced
We currently are doing PAYG evening classes which could find around your work, so you dont have to take time out of working and can spread the cost
if you want to know more then please either pm me or you can call me on 01293 547 647

Jess x

Thanks guys, you've all been really helpful. The CND sounds great but doesn't sound like i'd fit it around my job very well. At most i could do 2 days- its litterally only acrylic i want to learn, my basic manicure is absolutley fine. So really i need more of a short course or a one day a week course!Lol sorry to be picky!

I recently trained with Ezflow in acrylic and it is great to work with. Staff in my area very helpful also. Don't think you'd regret Ezflow. :D

Nail enhancements is not something i would recommend 'learning' in a couple of days, there are courses that support this, but its more complicated than most think, when enquiring about beginners courses...its on going support you will need, rather than a crash course, do some research.. as sparkle offered, an evening course might work around your work schedule and you will get more benefit from learning this way, rather than trying to do it quickly, being able to perform a good manicure is a great start but nail enhancements is another ball game.
I would call a few brands and see what customer support you get, see what they offer and what will suit you best, this isnt always the quickest or the cheapest course!

HTH

Hi there I would recommend Beverly Robinson school of nails and beauty, its a private school in leicester and she takes a max of 8 people in a class. She can also do one to ones and is very flexible with dates and can include kit in with price, she also very competitive with her prices.

I live in Lancashire and I travel for 3 hours to get to her. I generally try to book 2 days together at a time and stay over in premier inn which is only 10 mins drive away.

I have never looked back since i have done training with Beverly she is so nice a welcoming, and is very very experienced at what she does. She gives excellent after care, and you really feel comfortable.

Give her a call and have a chat
07779 357937 web www.acrylicnailstraining.com

Latest posts

Back