Acrylic nails popular???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I'm a mobile therapist in Edinburgh and don't get a lot of business for nails and I live doing acrylics but feel Like as I don't do them enough I'm getting out if touch with them, u know Like smile lines maybe not great anymore but as I say they just don't seem to be very popular here or I cannot get the business, anytime I mention acrylics to clients they always say oh I had acrylics years ago and they ruined my nails never again. Anyone got any tips on how to get people interested and make them realise acrylics can be beautiful without ruining their nails? Also if there's anyone in Edinburgh area are u busy with them? Thanks x

Why not do some on yourself , an overlay and push it when working your clients... you know its a good product and its great for technicians to wear as its durable... you will be a walking advert! :)

With this new shellac craze that task will be very hard. CND does such great advertising that people are searching for it! They know the key points about it. And it's discouraging nail enhancement purchases. I am for one thrilled bc this cuts down on my time and I'm able to book more clients in a day. It's so easy to apply I've gotten to where I despise doing enhancements. But that's just me tho lol

So to answer ur question, supplement your open appointments with Shellac. When u supply what the masses are wanting, you will be successful.

And if u want to keep up your skills with enhancements then practice on cheap tips. Especially your smile lines. Hope that helps!!!

I'm a mobile therapist in Edinburgh and don't get a lot of business for nails and I live doing acrylics but feel Like as I don't do them enough I'm getting out if touch with them, u know Like smile lines maybe not great anymore but as I say they just don't seem to be very popular here or I cannot get the business, anytime I mention acrylics to clients they always say oh I had acrylics years ago and they ruined my nails never again. Anyone got any tips on how to get people interested and make them realise acrylics can be beautiful without ruining their nails? Also if there's anyone in Edinburgh area are u busy with them? Thanks x

Hi
During training at sweet squared we were always told acrylics should NEVER 'ruin' anyones nail if their applied in the right way & given correct after care eg solar oil. Xxx

You need to really sell them then, if people say that tell them acrylic has come a long way in the last couple of years and if it is applied properly, looked after whilst on the nails and removed correctly then it should not 'ruin' their nails.

Do you offer gel?

Latest posts

Back