Acrylic on a diabetic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry21

Reaction score
I have had a lady in today who is type 2 diabetic and she had acrylic extensions put on in january for a wedding and came to me today to have them soaked off as they are now coming off as they are hurting, there was only 3 left on each hand when she came in today both index fingers the tip was hanging off and sore,tried to soak off but they were far to sore for me to continue after 20mins.I have included 2pictures of her nails any other ideas on what else she can use on them I have already suggested oils to get the condition back and strengthener in the nails & could someone tell me if u can have acrylics being diabetic as I was alway taught that you couldn't . thanks in advance

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394214028.347260.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394214041.904899.jpg

What does diabetes actually do to the nail?

Did this lady have her L&P infilled/rebalanced in between having them done originally and coming to you? If not, then this is why her nails are so sore. Is there any oncholysis? I can't see from the photo. In any event, I would recommend them as short as possible, IBX Restore and Repair if you use it, lots of solar oil and then have her back in a couple of weeks for maintenance and possibly some gel polish. I would steer clear of enhancements, particularly if this client hasn't had her original set maintained, it's a sign! However, as a precaution, I would suggest permission from the client's GP is obtained before you carry out any further treatments - diabetics are vulnerable to infection as she will have slow skin healing, better to err on the side of caution x

make nails brittle which hers where before she had them done now they are 10 times worse ,

thanks I have suggest that she comes back and have them treated again will see her weekly as she is a hair client to the salon weekly. I have said no more extensions on her nails as they are so damaged , she hasn't had any Infills as she was never told about it when she had then done was just sat down and nails done no questions or anything

thanks I have suggest that she comes back and have them treated again will see her weekly as she is a hair client to the salon weekly. I have said no more extensions on her nails as they are so damaged , she hasn't had any Infills as she was never told about it when she had then done was just sat down and nails done no questions or anything

Oh dear, sounds like she's had terrible service from the person who applied the enhancements, no aftercare or maintenance instructions, ouch!! At least now you'll have the opportunity to offer a professional service and guide her in the right direction to look after her nails. She'll hopefully now be a regular natural nail client of yours x

Latest posts

Back