Acrylic or gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstruman

Reaction score
Evening Geeks
Just a quick question for you geeks that use both acrylic and gel, do you find one easier that the other to use and do you get more customers asking for gel or acrylic, i currently only offer gel but do get a few people enquiring about acrylic but i have to turn them away as i havent a clue about acrylics. Do you think that as ive been using gel for almost 2 years i would find it hard to do acrylics and would it be worth me doing an acrylic course or just stick to what i know and as im going to be doing the cnd gel conversion course i was thinking cnd acrylics ? is this the best system for acrylics or can you recommend another

If you're really interested in it, you should give it a go. There aren't that many differences between gel and acrylic as far as application goes. I do both, and I don't find one easier than the other. They were both just as challenging to learn. And with a reputable company like CND, you'll know you're getting good training on it. Plus, once you get the hang of it, and if you wanted to, you have one more available service to add for your clients. :)

I agree with chickafish in that they are both challenging to learn, however whether one is more difficult than the other depends on how you learn and what you enjoy using more.
It makes sense to train in both as some clients will suit one system more than another, and it also makes sense to use the same brand for both, as all your prep products will be the Same, and you'll find that some areas will overlap e.g. Finishing methods will probably be similar, so easier to learn. Hth.

Latest posts

Back