Acrylic soak off - 45 mins and still please help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oatridge2006

Reaction score
Soaking a friends acrylic overlays off I have done how I was shown - warned acetone in hot water, dipped in a nail wipe, wrapped around the finger with foil over the top! I was told 20-30 mins please help! What am I doing wrong? Would be really grateful for any help!

Soaking a friends acrylic overlays off I have done how I was shown - warned acetone in hot water, dipped in a nail wipe, wrapped around the finger with foil over the top! I was told 20-30 mins please help! What am I doing wrong? Would be really grateful for any help!

You need to file the majority of the acrylic off the nails by at least 50%. Soak some cotton pads in de-solve or acetone, place one on each nail and wrap snugly in foil. Leave for about 20 mins. Using an orange wood stick gently push the acrylic from the cuticle to the free edge of the nail. It should slide off easily but if not re-peat the soaking process.:biggrin: Hth

I would say the procedure :S dipped a nail wipe in warm acetone and wrapped round finger :S

You need to get two bowls. They do soak off bowls with 2 bowls clipped together were you can have warm warm underneath n acetone in top bowl.Then soak fingers

I do this method and takes no more then 10-15 mins

You need to file the majority of the acrylic off the nails by at least 50%. Soak some cotton pads in de-solve or acetone, place one on each nail and wrap snugly in foil. Leave for about 20 mins. Using an orange wood stick gently push the acrylic from the cuticle to the free edge of the nail. It should slide off easily but if not re-peat the soaking process.:biggrin: Hth

I do this then slip gloves on their hands so their body heat can warm up the acetone. Takes 10-15 minutes.

Thank you for your help :) I finally finished soaking them all off - after my phone went dead missed your help! But I need to soak mine off so I will try these methods today!
As for the trays to soak them off I have seen these from nsi - are these good to get or were you talking about some different ones? Thanks everyone!

Miss giggles - read your post wrong! I have these and tried this method before but still seemed to take ages! Will attempt with filing acrylic off and then soaking!

Latest posts

Back