Acrylic timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalm

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend how I can get my timing down on acrylics, its literally taking me 2 hours to do them, i always finish with a gel polish which i know takes time too but i see other places can do them in 45 mins

45mins to do a full set plus gel polish?
Surely they cant be to a high standard?

The discount salons always do them that quick but they use those horrible drills which are probably taking half the nail plate off!! I would be happy sitting for 2 hours if it meant they were being done properly. X

I can do a full set with gel polish in an hour but it comes with experience. I work in a busy salon and am booked back to back and have been for a long time so that has helped a lot with getting my speed up.
Try breaking things down into steps and timing yourself for each part and see if you can cut the time down that way (prep, tip application, acrylic application, filing etc) it will come with time xx

The discount salons always do them that quick but they use those horrible drills which are probably taking half the nail plate off!! I would be happy sitting for 2 hours if it meant they were being done properly. X

Drills aren’t horrible, they are great tools when used correctly. I couldn’t do the amount of rebalancesI do without my efile.

Im the same as Cheekychick....I can do a set in an hour and I book out 1.5 hrs for a set with nail art. I can only do this now as I do back to back acrylics all day. Up to 7 sets per day.

I wouldn’t stress too much over timing. The more experienced you get, it will naturally reduce. My clients prefer not to feel rushed and enjoy their appointments.

Try not to stress too much over timing. Things to help you along are talking to the clients hands and not making eye contact. Be more of a listener than a talker. Make sure you have all your products lined up in order if use. This saves so much time and try not to let the client spend too much time choosing a design or colours. Speed will come naturally but til then be satisfied by doing the best job possible. Good clients won't care about the time it takes if they are comfortable and happy with their nails x

Latest posts

Back