Acrylics please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varley1

Reaction score
Hi geeks I no there is a lot ov threads about acrylics but could do with some help!!

I did the creative course early march and I'm working in my sisters hair salon doing nails I have done loads ov shellac but struggling with my acrylics.

I have done my own and they lasted two weeks (I then soaked them off) I do my sisters and they are also fine but last week I did a lady who is a nurse and first time for acrylics I thought when I did them they was really good but she has rung up today saying 4 had popped off!!!!
I'm panicking now as soon in run upto Xmas people are booking in and don't want a load ov problems!

Any help would be great thank u xxx

Dont panic, it may not be your fault! Has she followed your aftercare, solar oil etc, also does she use a lot of alcohol hand wash in work? Find out what she has and hasn't been doing with them before blaming yourself! :)

I gave her the leaflet she is coming back today she is on maternity at tho but I can't understand them just popping off??

Thanks 4 your reply Hun

Agreed, it may not be your fault. It could be a hundred of reasons why they popped off, first check what she did, or didn't do before you blame yourself. If you was having 10 clients like this, then I would start to worry ;).

She's pregnant, or just was? Than there's your answer I believe. The hormones during the pregnancy can cause more/faster lifting of acrylic and gel enhancements.

PS: during my pregnancy acrylics wouldn't even last one week!

I do a few nurses in my salon and we have come to the conclusion that the alcohol wash/sanitiser they use is to blame because when they have a week/2 weeks off work the lifting and "popping off" doesn't occur......

So in my opinion it's the alcohol wash/sanitiser and not what you've done....

My nurses come in for pink & whites then 1 1/2 weeks later clear infills, 1 1/2 weeks later P&W infills and so forth......

Hope that helps....

missed the part about materninty leave oops!

Thats also a reason.......

This is interesting and I'm sorry to hijack but can the alcohol gel/wash wreck shellac too?
I have a physio comes every 2 weeks and often there is only a tiny blob of shellac remaining on some nails! We have put this down to the constant use of this gel but wondered if anyone else would agree this could be the issue? X

Thanks guys she has just come in and I replaced them for her. All the others seemed really strong! I did notice her hands were very clammy and her nails felt a tad oily maybe this could be due to her pregnancy (she was due a week ago). The other acrylics I have never had any prob!

Thanks for all your replys

Latest posts

Back