Additives - Paradise collection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
I bought the paradise collection a few weeks back and was SUPER excited to get them but I have been sorely disappointed with them. The sizzling sands is to die for but generally is the only one I've been able to make much use of.

The pink/orange and yellow don't seem to show up very well over any colour. Does anyone else have this problem.

To begin with I used them to blend over cream puff and they looked fab! I tried the pink over the electric orange and it didn't show up. I tried the pink again today over a different orange (lighter shade from the Gelish collection) and it didn't show up. I've tried the yellow over colours, light and dark and my client was disappointed when the yellow didn't show over the rock royalty as requested.

Today I tried the yellow over the orange and it hardly made any difference. The orange also won't show up over a pink.

I've tried to do a ombré with these colours but they don't seem to work unless over cream puff?!?

Does anyone have any idea how the heck to get these bright colours to show up over other colours? I am feeling very disappointed with this collection :sad:

I used the neon pink over cake pop and liliac longing turned out very nice and bright. I have tried other colours that they didnt show up on just keep trying u guess cc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is the orange additive over Hot Pop Pink Shellac & worked well. Clients love it. Your base colour needs to be lighter than your pigment colour for it to show up :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403651264744.jpg
    1403651264744.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 270
Thanks so much for the advice. I've had a play today and got some great colour combinations :)

This is the orange additive over Hot Pop Pink Shellac & worked well. Clients love it. Your base colour needs to be lighter than your pigment colour for it to show up :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love this!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403857534.360273.jpg here are the ones I came up with 7-18.

7 - all additives blended over crime puff with sizzling sands
8 - hot pop pink with Island heat
9 - hot pop pink layered with electric orange and spectrum shimmer
10 - rock royalty with midnight tide
11 - sage scarf with tropic sunrise
12 - rose bud with pink lotus
13 - tropix with Island heat
14 - lilac longing with Island heat
15 - wildfire with Island heat
16 - asphalt with Island heat
17 - cityscape with tropic sunrise
18 - tropic with tropic sunrise

HATE 14 and 11 but people seem to like those.!?

Latest posts

Back