Additives staining the skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnailart

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble removing excess additives from the skin. I did mine last night and used Cerulean Blue. I tried using D-Sperse but it wouldn't budge. D-Solve on a cotton bud didn't work either. Even after several washes it was still there. It finally faded after a shower tonight. Has anyone else found this and what did you do?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Yes I would just give a good scrub with a nail brush but even that still doesnt remove it all :-( what about a wee dab of acetone on a cotton wool bud? X

Thanks! I've tried D-Solve on a cotton bud but wouldn't come off. I know now that it will come off eventually but I don't want to send my clients away with blue fingers!! :eek:

soap and water works. probably why it came off in the shower!

This happened to me in the beginning too. The way to deal with it is to use much less Additive so it doesn't go on the skin. But if it does while you are getting to grips with application d.solve, d.sperce, acetone, etc are not the best way to remove it.
Soap and water is not only the best way to clean the skin but also the brushes you use to apply Additives to Shellac.

Less is more, good luck!! :)

This happened to me in the beginning too. The way to deal with it is to use much less Additive so it doesn't go on the skin. But if it does while you are getting to grips with application d.solve, d.sperce, acetone, etc are not the best way to remove it.
Soap and water is not only the best way to clean the skin but also the brushes you use to apply Additives to Shellac.

Less is more, good luck!! :)

Thanks. Thinking about it, I did use quite a bit! Ooops! :o Will try not to be quite so heavy handed next time! Don't want my clients looking like they've just been to an art lesson!! The last time I used the blue was just a fade & this was the whole nail so maybe why I didn't notice it before.
Thanks for the advice & I'll use it to clean my brushes too. :Love:

Latest posts

Back