Adequately cleaning a foot spa between clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloLovely

Reaction score
Hello Ladies ,

How do you clean your foot spa's when you have more than one client booked in ? I have two pedicures next week both together ( mother and daughter) for pedicure and have the Babyliss foot spa from Ellisons .

Im tempted to get the Belava one with the liners but as im just starting out im concerned about which would be most cost effective as well as useful !

TIA xx

I have two foot spas , but I don't use the jets part only the shaker or buzzer part , I wash out using dish wash liquid to get it all oily from soak etc scrub out then I put a cap of either the sani soak for implements or the Sani stuff you wash baby bottles in as it kills germs and micro thingies.
Leave it to sit for the pre scribed time then rinse out after.

If client has a suspicious foot infection I refuse the service .

Thanks nailpod .

So could I essentially , do one of the pedicures , then finish up - clean it out and put in the miltons/ disinfectant and leave that to sit whilst I do the consultation form with the next person . It should then be ready for performing the second shouldnt it ?

x

I have done that before , usually time to sit is 10min I think min. Just check on the bottle each disinfectant is different .

Have you heard of Footsie Bath of Beverly Hills?

It uses disposable liners so not only have you no sanitising issues, you can do as many pedicures on the go as you like... just change the liner [emoji4]

Have you heard of Footsie Bath of Beverly Hills?

It uses disposable liners so not only have you no sanitising issues, you can do as many pedicures on the go as you like... just change the liner [emoji4]

I have the Footsie and I LOVE it! It saves time and water as you only have to change the liner and you are good to go.

Thanks Ladies , I ended up ordering the Belava one just so I only had to concentrate on changing the liners in the space that I am in !

But ... I did look at the footsie one !! Wow - definitely going on my wish list for when Im a bit more established and can afford too ! xx

Sorry to jump on your post. I've just bought an inflatable foot bath. What is the best was to clean this please? Do I wash it out with soap and water and then use a Milton tablet to disinfect? Many thanks

Yeah Footsie is really great! I love mine too deanosnana, ps nice to see you [emoji4]

If you are able to it's definitely worth investing in.

Started with one of the inflatable ones, used it once or twice before getting the footsie as I could not work out how to use and disinfect / sanitise the inflatable one in a safe way.

Maybe someone else can help with this, how about mundo do they do some kind of wipes still?

Transporting the inflatable bath from sink to client in clients houses was scary as!

Got the footsie and never looked back [emoji4]

Yeah Footsie is really great! I love mine too deanosnana, ps nice to see you [emoji4]

If you are able to it's definitely worth investing in.

Started with one of the inflatable ones, used it once or twice before getting the footsie as I could not work out how to use and disinfect / sanitise the inflatable one in a safe way.

Maybe someone else can help with this, how about mundo do they do some kind of wipes still?

Transporting the inflatable bath from sink to client in clients houses was scary as!

Got the footsie and never looked back [emoji4]
Good idea about the wipes. Mundo do a wipe so I'll have a look at them, thank you.

I know what you mean about transporting the bath, it's scary!

Isn't it!

When I bought the inflatable I was so impressed how handy it was and light to transport, thought it was ingenious until I used it and nearly lost the whole bubbling thing over someone's carpets, crazy times [emoji1]

Let us know if you find anything, I'm not sure how suitable the Mundo wipes would be for the job but it's worth checking out.

There's so many creases in the inflatable, it's a tricky one x

Isn't it!

When I bought the inflatable I was so impressed how handy it was and light to transport, thought it was ingenious until I used it and nearly lost the whole bubbling thing over someone's carpets, crazy times [emoji1]

Let us know if you find anything, I'm not sure how suitable the Mundo wipes would be for the job but it's worth checking out.

There's so many creases in the inflatable, it's a tricky one x

Haha, that sounds crazy!

I work from home and only use it to wash feet prior to Shellac toes. I might invest in the future in something else but I've only just started out so it's ok for now.

I bought some Milton tables in the end mainly because of the creases. It seems to be doing the job ok.

Last edited:
Thank you Philby but I said in my post I use salon sterilisation liquid which being that we from different countries would mean I don't even know of barricade it's not avail in my country.

And you can use a chlorine based or jick type product. My family own hospitals and they use these forms of sanitising things and equipment and I can assure you that a pedicure bath doesn't ever get as much bacteria as a hospital .

True and I definitely agree that hospitals have to deal with a lot more than the average salon. I still wouldn't use Milton but that's just me.

True and I definitely agree that hospitals have to deal with a lot more than the average salon. I still wouldn't use Milton but that's just me.

I use barbicide to sanitise my pedicure bowl, but I'm curious as to why Milton is not okay as it is marketed as a steriliser.

Latest posts

Back