Adult braces

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid for invisilgn, and would say j wasted my money! I've had quick smile fixed braces fitted and I would say cheaper, quicker results and better results in my honest opinion!
i don't want invisilgn the braces I want are called lingual braces which are a fixed brace they look EXACTLY the same as normal brace but there on the back of your teeth not the front so you cant see them. From what I've found out from looking on dental website they can range from £1500-£5000 depending on what you need. My main concerns are speech because of work I don't want to be slurring my words and length of time you have to wear them I don't want to be told 2 years then something happen and I'm stuck with braces till my mid 30s! plus I know this sounds dumb but what about kissing with braces? and can you drink alcohol or will that ruin the wire?

Hey I had the train tracks on for 2 years but mine probably would've been off sooner if it wasn't for the fact mine were also used to pull a tooth up from under the gum! Take paracetamol or ibropufen before you get them done and the day after incase it's a bit uncomfortable. The only way to describe the feeling is to say that your teeth feel really tight together when they're first done but this wears off really quickly. I don't know about invisible braces but with the train tracks I got told I couldn't eat really hard food like certain nuts I think I also got told no toffee or chewing gum but tbh me and all my friends that had them couldn't resist chewing gum and it was fine. The day you get them done and the day after its best to eat soft food especially if you're feeling discomfort I usually ate pasta the night after I had them out on or tightened. I'm so glad I had it done I got them when I was a teen and I hated my teeth but hated the thought of what I'd look like with braces Vain I know but I was still in school Would really recommend it it makes such a huge difference good luck xxxx

You can drink alcohol. Always brush your teeth thoroughly with them on though. Half my year in school ended up with braces and only one girl had trouble speaking it sounded like she had a bit of a lisp but everyone else was absolutely fine so I don't know why it affected her that way. Go for a consultation and ask them all the questions you have and they'll be able to tell you based on your exact situation. Oh and as for kissing absolutely no issue there honestly I've kissed people with braces and been kissed while having braces and it's genuinely no different you can't tell xxx

Does anyone know roughly how much a fixed brace is through your normal dentist?
Mine were done through the orthodontist who my dentist recommended, they were £2680 which I think was a standard price, I had a though removed as well but this was done at the regular dental clinic.
i don't want invisilgn the braces I want are called lingual braces which are a fixed brace they look EXACTLY the same as normal brace but there on the back of your teeth not the front so you cant see them. From what I've found out from looking on dental website they can range from £1500-£5000 depending on what you need. My main concerns are speech because of work I don't want to be slurring my words and length of time you have to wear them I don't want to be told 2 years then something happen and I'm stuck with braces till my mid 30s! plus I know this sounds dumb but what about kissing with braces? and can you drink alcohol or will that ruin the wire?
I drank alcohol and kissing is a bit odd at first just as everything else is but you get used to it.

Mine were £1200 and I'll have them taken off in 4 weeks and only had them fitted in Feb! So 16weeks all in all [emoji51]

Does anyone know roughly how much a fixed brace is through your normal dentist?

Expect to pay around £2000 for private, depending on your bite some people can get them on the NHS.
I'm in my 40's and currently have the metal 'train tracks'. I trained as a Dental Nurse when I was younger, the cosmetic ones always have a downfall, the porcelain ones frequently break, Invisalign (mouthguard type) people often do not wear for the required time or if it is bothering them they just remove it whilst sleeping.
They take a bit of getting used to, the first couple of weeks if the worst, after that the teeth move fairly rapidly if you do as requested by your orthodontist.

My daughters 2 years ago were £2680 as well, the retainers were extra at £120 a pair

I've had Invisalign at 42 years old and they worked just great. Cost £2,200 and too about 12 months but that's because I kept taking them out at Christmas etc. I now wear a retainer almost every night unless I forget. Very happy with them.

Hope I'm not too late to recommend these braces:

http://uk.damonbraces.com

They're AMAZING!! Still train tracks but work much quicker than normal ones. I only had my bottom teeth done. Had one tooth practically behind the other and I only needed them on 3-4 months!!

I had braces when I was 14. As I was young, I didn't really bother keeping up with the retainer. Luckily my top teeth stayed perfect, but my bottom teeth moved back. Lesson learnt hard way.

So I did pay for my bottom braces years later. I now have a permanent retainer glued to the back of my teeth. I'm too paranoid to have it removed, and so used to it now it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I highly recommend trying to have a consultation with someone who does the Damon.

I don't remember any lisping. Maybe for the first week or two, but fine after that. The braces can feel sore, or dig in after they're tightened each time. It's good to buy the balls of wax you use as ear plugs. It's good to rip a little ball off and pop it over any area that's rubbing.

Good luck hun, it's all worth it xx

Latest posts

Back