Advertising through local businesses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
After reading through a few threads I've decided I really need to get off my bum when it comes to advertising! I have a child free day tomorrow and no clients so I've decided to spend my day advertising. I've made a list of local businesses I can approach, so far I've got:
Florists
Clothes shops
Gyms
Children's centres
Nurseries/schools
Hairdressers
Pubs
Bridal shops
Cake makers
Have I missed any out?

I'm not sure how to approach them? I was thinking of writing a letter introducing myself and offering all their staff a discount (I was thinking 15%?), including a business card and flyer/price list and asking them if they would put some of my flyers or business cards in their shops and if so I will drop a load round. Does this sound ok? What should I do in return for them advertising me? Will the discount be enough or will they expect me to advertise them? Also how would I give them the discount? Just tell them when they book the appointment where they work or should I send out gift vouchers/ discount cards (but then I don't know how many staff they have!)

Sorry for the very long thread but I would appreciate any advice! Lol x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Anybody?

Hi,

I never get time to go out advertising so whenever I get a chance, I go onto FB and post the hell out of all these local selling sites on there. Business booms after that. I just type the same post directing them to my business page telling them to like the page to keep up to date with all my offers.

Sometimes I put an offer on and get bookings from that. Just check the page first as some say no business posts. Most will allow though.

I find it is the best way to advertise and saves a lot of time

Carly xx

Hi,

I never get time to go out advertising so whenever I get a chance, I go onto FB and post the hell out of all these local selling sites on there. Business booms after that. I just type the same post directing them to my business page telling them to like the page to keep up to date with all my offers.

Sometimes I put an offer on and get bookings from that. Just check the page first as some say no business posts. Most will allow though.

I find it is the best way to advertise and saves a lot of time

Carly xx

I do that on a regular basis and it does help a little but not a lot. The selling pages in my area are full of unqualified techs that charge ridiculously cheap prices so I think people skip past my posts when they see my prices xx

I do that on a regular basis and it does help a little but not a lot. The selling pages in my area are full of unqualified techs that charge ridiculously cheap prices so I think people skip past my posts when they see my prices xx

Couldn't agree more. I posted a hair up collage of my work advertising weddings and proms got enquires which is good but once I quoted a price I hear nothing or "ok thanks". I don't think what I quoted was extortionate but it wasn't dirt cheap either.
I don't know how I can compete with unqualified or "Russian hair" extensions for £150 xx

After reading through a few threads I've decided I really need to get off my bum when it comes to advertising! I have a child free day tomorrow and no clients so I've decided to spend my day advertising. I've made a list of local businesses I can approach, so far I've got:
Florists
Clothes shops
Gyms
Children's centres
Nurseries/schools
Hairdressers
Pubs
Bridal shops
Cake makers
Have I missed any out?

I'm not sure how to approach them? I was thinking of writing a letter introducing myself and offering all their staff a discount (I was thinking 15%?), including a business card and flyer/price list and asking them if they would put some of my flyers or business cards in their shops and if so I will drop a load round. Does this sound ok? What should I do in return for them advertising me? Will the discount be enough or will they expect me to advertise them? Also how would I give them the discount? Just tell them when they book the appointment where they work or should I send out gift vouchers/ discount cards (but then I don't know how many staff they have!)

Sorry for the very long thread but I would appreciate any advice! Lol x

I was also thinking of doing this.. Sounds a really good idea, if anyone else has any advice? :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back