Advice about Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kali

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I am new to Salon Geek and very excited about starting a new career. I hope to be going mobile next month once I have completed courses and will be starting by offering manicures and pedicures using Gelish. I thought this would be a good way of building up a client base. Can anyone give me advice or tips on the best colours to start with. I am ordering a LED lamp and the treatment kit but not sure about most popular colours in the gelish?:confused:

Has anyone ordered products from Beverly Beaute? Are they a trusted sight? The shop nearest to me that sale the Gelish can only sale to customers who have proof they are qualified? and the Gelish is a lot more expensive than buying online (its £19.99 per bottle plus vat)

Will be very grateful of any advice, tips etc. Also to hear from anybody who has gone mobile and is using the gelish. Many thanks:biggrin:

There's several reasons not to buy from BB.. Lol. Do a forum search for the name and you'll pull up all the posts about them. Stick with Sallys, Nail Harmony and Red 10.

Hi hun welcome to the site :)

I got my Sallys trade card by showing I was studying beauty at college, where are you doing your training? Can they provide you with proof that you are studying so you can get some wholesale accounts set up? I have never tried to buy Gelish from them though, ( am a Shellac girl at heart)

Also, I have never used Beverly Beaute but there have recently been some posts regarding parcels from BB being being opened & confiscated by customs so I'd be careful using them. If you do a search on the forums the posts come up (I've just checked and they are close to the top of the search) I often wonder how some whole sellers manage to sell a lot lower than the official distributors, I see it a lot with Shellac and while it appears to be a bargain it just seems fishy to me!

If your starting out you will also want to think about insurance. Will you just have a mani & pedi certificate or are you doing gel polish training too? The thing I found with my insurer was although I only needed a mani & pedi cert to buy the gel polish my insurance company said I needed training in using a uv lamp for it to be covered by my policy. Different insurers have different policies so might be worth asking about Gelish when your getting quotes.

Good luck with the training hun! Its a very rewarding and exciting industry xxx

Thanks so much for your advice, really appreciate it. I searched the forums like you suggested and thank goodness I did!!!! Big , big thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back