Advice about Sky Glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi all,
After so many great reviews I bought Sky glue for lashing. To be honest I haven't got on great with it and in the last week I've had 2 clients react, one a regular wearer and the other was new to lashes.
I find it's a super quick dry time and get no stickies at all but they do shed throughout whilst I'm lashing, which ends up taking an age to infill.
I'm
I'm competent lasher of 4 years so my application is good!

last night I used a cotton pad to dry the glue pot and noticed smoke coming off the pad?! 😦 I'm now back to using my usuall glue...
That worried me but I've never tried it with other glues I've used so unsure if that's the norm?!

Has anyone else struggled with it or is it just me?
Many thanks

Just bumping...

You should never use any type of cotton bud or cotton pad near any time of lash adhesive for this reason

When working with an advanced glue such as sky your application has to be quick
With an increase in temp over the summer months your glue will be drying much quicker so when u go to adhere and extension to nl they glue may look wet but in fact it's dry hence issues with retention.

The is one of the downfalls with a glue such as sky, so either air con or change your glue for the summer months until it's cooler again
Hth

Cyanoacrylate is one of the main ingredients in lash adhesives, this will react to any cotton based products. Never clean your adhesive with cotton pads or cotton buds and be careful if you spill it on your clothes as this can burn xxx. The white smoke is the reaction between cotton and cyanoacrylate xx

Thanks so much ladies, answered all my questions. I'm going to stick with pro+ in the summer and sky in the winter.
And definatly keep clear if the cotton pads!
X

Quick update and took your advise, I've been using the fan, keeping the window open which keeps the room nice and cool. Absolutely no shedding what so ever!
Thanks for that ladies I'm a happy bunny 👍

I just started using Sky Glue as I lived on Pro + which was a dream to work with. Unfortunately my longstanding and new clients are reacting to the glue - someone had a very bad reaction and had to go to the dr for urgent medication. I've been eye lashing for 5 years and never experienced this before, i'm so disheartened! My sensitive glue is too slow drying (20+ seconds!!) so i'm on the look out for a new glue - such a shame to waste money, but also semi-relieved that someone else has had clients react to Sky... as I was beginning to think it's me!

I'm so gutted that lash revolution glue is no longer! It always worked perfect in my environment and never had any issues with retention :-(

Latest posts

Back