advice, experience and opinions please.x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paola

Reaction score
hi all I am after your advice, experience and opinions. I know there are lots of renting room threds but I feel every situation is very different so would greatly appriciate and advice.

I have been mobile for 16 months and enjoying it even tho it can be very hard work. I had a good client base to start with after working in a salon for 4 years and am steadily getting more clients. some weeks I hardly have time to eat and others can be very quite.

I have been approached by a lovley and busy hair salon about renting some space which includes a good size beauty room, spray tan room and nail station. It is in a village about 5 mins ( in a car) from the town centre. They employ sombody at the min and are having lots of complaints about her. so they no longer want anything to do with the beauty just want to rent out the space. so I would be completly seperate with my own business name, price lists ect, make my own booking, take my own money and basically come and go as I please. If some of my clients still want mobile I can go and do them at home and same for spray parties ect.

I feel it would be a good opportunity to expand my business and feel it might be quite nice to have a base. so first 2 months for free then £20 per day which I think I may be able to negociate down to £15. Can start on a 6 month basis if I want.
What do you think??

Kirsty
xx

I think it sounds good, would any of your clients go to the salon?
You will have to do some damage limitation and announce to everyone that you are not this therapist with a bad rep! sometimes it takes ages to wipe that one out.

I would do a survey and ask your existing clients who would be willing to see you at the salon, perhaps offer a referral system with them, if they come to you and introduce a friend, then they get a half price treatment.

you also have to work out how much you can afford to lose. if you are paying £15 a day, which doesn't sound much on paper, but how many £15's can you afford to lose if you are empty/ill/on holiday?

hi thanks for reply. I have spoken to some clients lots more to speak to and they have said they will come to a salon. Lots of them I have been doing for years and trust them to give me an honest opinion. I will definatly have some who will still want mobile, the ones who dont drive ect.

And thats exactly what I was thinking about the money it doesnt sound alot but if im off or not too busy its money I still have to find every day!

I know the owners and they have said they will help me as much as poss by having an open evening and I am able to go and have a chat to the hair clients introduce myself ect.

Love the referral idea. The gril there at the min doesnt have a bad rep for her treatments just attitude, she will literally do a whole set of nails and not lift her head once to make conversation.

I have a very bubly personality and am very confident I offer excellent and professional treatments and service. I hope that when they meet me and have there first treatment maybe as a special offer they would be happy to come back. I just love all my regular clients so much I dont want to loose any of them!

sounds like you have made your mind up already.
perhaps write up a newsletter and get it sent out to all of your clients, its good that the owners are offering you a free period and willing to help.

the only thing that is sticking with me now is the fact that they are going to get rid of this other person. Is it really justifyable? Could that be you in a year's time?

hi definatly havent made my mind up lots of thinking to do! thankyou for your comments I think its good to get an outsiders veiw on things. I am going there again on friday so will see what happens!
Thanks
Kirsty
xx

Latest posts

Back