Advice for fine hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura250

Reaction score
I feel so sorry for my sister she just has so fine hair , its so fine u can nearly see her scalp the fine hair is in healthy condition she barely uses the strightners we only colour it about 4 times a year but she has a cut every six weeks, this has happened in last 5 years she had blood test nothing is wrong there , is they any vitamins she could take am going to use olaplex on her just to help so it doesnt break because it is so fine , she only 25 too so would love to find something just to thicken it up a bit or to help xx

Has she tried nioxin? Apparently their shampoos help promote new hair growth and helps thicken hair. Xx

Is nioxin any good has anyone tried this ? Xx

It has def. helped my client who had really bad post partum hair loss after having her baby. I got her the intro kit and it's now about 12 weeks since she started using it and I could see all the new growth around her front hairline & sides where it had gone really thin so I reccomend it.

Nioxin can help if you consistently use it, but it can be hard on your colors (fading), and you pretty much need to use it the rest of your life. AND it only promotes a healthy scalp for new hair growth, it doesn't grow you new hair by itself.
If you can find a product called Revive, they have a shampoo, conditioner and treatment, and it is actually growing my boss new hair. Not sure on what would happen if you stopped using it though...
hope that helps

Fine hair can be a challenge but there are things that can help.
1. Bosley products and their treatment which is minoxidil and will help grow her hair. It helps to break up
Dihydrotestosterone or DHT, which is when testosterone comes out of the hair follicle and makes like a hard deposit, which in turn makes the hair start to come out thinner & thinner until sometimes if the follicle totally gets clogged up the hair stops growing.
Rogaine also has minoxidil in it.
It IS a drug, so she needs to know that, but Bosley has great products that help with fine & thinning hair.
2. If her blood work was normal, then she could just have very fine hair, but make sure the Doctor checked her thyroid levels.
3. Vitamin we in Trichology for thinning hair are Biotin, Zinc, B-Complex and Magnesium, these must be taken together after a meal.
4. make sure she sleeps on a satin pillowcase- I like the Satin Wonders type myself.
5 Olaplex would be great for her hair, we use it in Trichology all the time, it will help keep what she has now on her head since it repaired the broken disulfide bonds in the hair, and those are the strength bonds. I would add a protein to her regime, I like the Redken Extreme Treatment, you can use it after you rinse & shampoo out the #2 Olaplex, then use the Extreme for 10 minutes, this will put proteins (not the type that can build up or make the hair brittle), Moisture and Ceramides which are the innercellular cement for the hair.
6. if she doesn't want a drug in her system, they now make the ThermaDome Helmet, which has LED lights & Lasers and is FDA approved, I have my patients/ clients on it and they love it, it grows hair in 4 months to 6 months.
-Mags Kavanaugh

You may also want to try batana oil it it is really incredible and thousands of folks have Great results.

Is nioxin any good has anyone tried this ? Xx
My mum has a similar problem with her haor. She has used nioxin now for around 2 years and her hair is in the best condition it has been in a while. The nioxin 4 will be best. It cleans the follicles out whilst stimulating blood flow bk the the sleeping follicles too. Sometimes hair cant regrow threw because of lack of blood supply dirt or trauma to the scalp. It is worth a try for her.

Hi, just recently a few of my clients have been trying a new shampoo soap bar which is called "New Bar" and is from Lush if your in the UK. It was designed with post cancer patients in mind to stimulate hair growth. Two of my regular clients have said they notice a difference in there hair, another of my clients has just finished chemo and is using this shampoo bar while her hair grows back in and within 2 months she is now full head of thick hair about 1cm long. Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back