Advice for newly self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niki140889

Reaction score
Hi, iv been working in a salon for 4years now qualified nd now i hav bn made self employed still within th salon, its a 50/50 split and all products are supplied but i have been thinking of going mobile for some time now just if any1 has any advice on what u think would be best? and could both evn be an option like certain days doing each? Also i have already got stuff for home like colours scissors foils developers etc...

niki x:lol:

why were you made self employed? do you think you would have enough clients to keep you busy being mobile? guess you need to look at what you take in a day, and see if you could realistically take that by being mobile.

the only difference in your costs would be youd need to buy your own product, and travel costs, but you wouldn't be handing over 50% of your takings. x

Well my boss told me i had 2 go self emplyed it was actually last week, i hav been building clients up for a while now but still got a bit to go, mobile only crossed my mind like going out of the area doing some advertising n c what i get back from that but again im worried about not getting enough clients 2 earn a decent living(well enough to keep a roof over my head) but is here a possibility i could do both? (im not bothered about doing all the hours)

p.s thanks for your reply:)

well...you need to bear in mind that you might not earn enough in any situation!!!! worst case scenario of course. I'd be really wary of if you work there for another 6months then leave to go mobile, are they your clients?cos you built some of them up when you were employed by her? x

Doing salon clients at home is asking for instant dismisal and a lawsuit.

hi not sure i get this ... but if she is self employed ... couldnt she could also be classed as freelance ? so how can anyone slap a lawsuit on her ? i know loads of people that rent chairs , tables, rooms part time and work on their own biz part time too ??
sorry if i am mis understanding what you are trying to explain xx

I'm a bit worried about how you became self employed. An employer cannot make (force) an employee go self employed:eek:

That's what I was wondering, Jes.
You have to agree to be self employed.
Sounds like someone's been sacked to me and then taken on as freelance which means the employer avoids paying severance wages.

Hmmm!

Hi, its not salon clients i was meaning to do mobile (didnt explain properly sorry) it was advertising somewhere else to get others because im from a smaller town so was thinking advertising glasgow area which is about 40 mins away from me

I was told that before by someone else that i coulnt be forced to go self employed but thats kinda what just happend bcause i was on a certain wage and one of the other juniors who turned 19 had her wage put up to the same as mine so i was put on self employed(i had not much time to think about it so i just went with it happened so quick)

p.s thaks for all your replies:)

Latest posts

Back