Advice from Employers ~ Salon Interview.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Can anyone who has any experience with Interviews give me some pointers please.
I'm doing an Interview on Tuesday and It will be while I am doing a set of french nails, so if you can, a little insight into what is being looked for would help.

All and ANY advice is welcome, I have an Idea but would like to fully prepared.

My Idea is to get my model into my home before hand and do one hand.. completely, then do the other hand for the boss.. I know my time will be under surveillance, but Im sure she can work that out by how fast and well i do the second hand.

What are salon owners looking for in potential employees?

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives me their time.

Hi Geeks,
Can anyone who has any experience with Interviews give me some pointers please.
I'm doing an Interview on Tuesday and It will be while I am doing a set of french nails, so if you can, a little insight into what is being looked for would help.

All and ANY advice is welcome, I have an Idea but would like to fully prepared.

My Idea is to get my model into my home before hand and do one hand.. completely, then do the other hand for the boss.. I know my time will be under surveillance, but Im sure she can work that out by how fast and well i do the second hand.

What are salon owners looking for in potential employees?

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives me their time.

Littlegrohl, has your potential employer requested that you do a "set" of french nail enhancements (if she requested a "set" she maybe expecting all 10 done in the salon)

I would make contact and find out exactly what she is expecting from you as a demonstration of your work.

Tips: Be on time, acknowledge salon owner by name, smile and shake her hand.
Impeccable grooming and your nails, finger and toenails beautiful.
Photocopy of your certification and cover sheet with all your contact details and a list of all the services you are able to perform, ie gel, l&p, mani, pedi, sculpting etc
Before you start make sure your nail station is clean and you have everything you require.
Ask your prospective employer what she is looking for in a nail technician for her salon
Thank the salon owner for the interview and the opportunity to show her your skills

All the very best and do let us know how you go.:)

As Andrea has suggested, double check if it is ok that you do one hand on your model beforehand. Also check that you have to take your own model as the salon owner may have a model of her own for you to work on.

Also, is it all tips you are doing on your model? If you could sculpt it would be worthwhile doing a couple of nails sculpt and a couple tipped. Are you taking your own products or are you using the salon's. I would prefer to use my own.

Apart from what Andrea has advised, take a portfolio of your work, try and relax, put over a professional image and show that you can be a good team player. If I was interviewing, I would rather take on someone who I thought would fit into the salon environment well who may need further training than someone who had all the skills but I didn't think would be a good team player. Show enthusiasm and try and enjoy the experience too.

Good luck!!!!!!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back