Advice from spray tanners please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
My lovely boyfriend has suprised me with a pampering morning tomorrow at a Hotel and lunch afterwards !! :)
Lucky me - only thing is that I have just had my spray tan and my tanner (Adele) has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks!! I am worried that it will go patchy or fade as I am going to be in water/sauna/steam room etc for a few hours, as I normally avoid swimming and soaking myself in the bath I am unsure or what to do to try and protect it as much as possible!

Sounds silly I know but I can`t just have a top up and I am now sadly very addicted to my tan........would slapping lots of cocoa butter on first help......or anything else short of a dry wetsuit!!! :lol:
xx

i might be able to help,

i dont actually do spray tan in the industry but i no at college they told us 2 avoid heat treatments for 24 hrs, not to bath for 24hrs. i think they are the main ones

stacey x

My lovely boyfriend has suprised me with a pampering morning tomorrow at a Hotel and lunch afterwards !! :)
Lucky me - only thing is that I have just had my spray tan and my tanner (Adele) has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks!! I am worried that it will go patchy or fade as I am going to be in water/sauna/steam room etc for a few hours, as I normally avoid swimming and soaking myself in the bath I am unsure or what to do to try and protect it as much as possible!

Sounds silly I know but I can`t just have a top up and I am now sadly very addicted to my tan........would slapping lots of cocoa butter on first help......or anything else short of a dry wetsuit!!! :lol:
xx

Wow luck you being pampered!
Anyway I havent been doing spray tans for long but on my course we were told to tell clients who wanted their tan removing, that one way was to go for a swim!the chlorine in the water will remove it. Also the sauna and steam room will both open your pores and also help exfoliate your skin which will also remove your tan.
After your pampering session you will have to keep moisturising, twice a day to help save your tan.
Anyway I think you shouldnt worry about your tan too much, and really enjoy your break, you can always have your tan reapplied by somebody else just this once.
hth

Thanks ladies!! I know I am worrying too much and i`m sure I will have a fab day!
I will moisturise like crazy!!! xx

Might be an idea to purchase [if available with your tanning range] a moisturizer that has a small content of DHA included ie: Body Custard by Vani-t.
Moisturize every second day with it to even the tan after your big treat.
Enjoy

XX J XX

Or Buy the Tan in a Can from the same range of s tan you use. I use the tantrick one inbetween tans and it works a treat.

Latest posts

Back