***advice needed asap***

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki201

Reaction score
Hi I work in a room within a hairdressers, we are moving premises at the end of the month and I have just been asked by my boss to write something for the newspaper and I really havent got a clue what to write!!
Can any of you geeks give me any advice on what to include? I afraid ill write something really stupid or miss out something obvious! I have to write about me (beauty) and the hairdressing side as well. Will I say which products I use etc and use it as a way of advertising my services as well as letting people know we are moving? Any help and advice would be mucho appreciated!!! :eek::eek::eek:

so how much space are you going to have in the newspaper..

Does your boss want an ad or a whole page spread about the salon (i.e a not so obv ad!)

You need to make the salon sound really welcoming, relaxing and really up to date with the new 'techniques'

Introduce yourself and say something about you (i know this is stupid but if you could make yourself sound super friendly - im sure you are but its hard to do in writing - and a little about ur background) also poss what inspires you or some thing like that! - also then about what products u use and why the techniques are so good..

Then do the same for your boss

Say why the new location is excellent i.e great location, newly decorated premasis...

Basically you have to show the customer your unique selling points.. what makes you different to other salons? What can you personally offer to clients e.t.c

Sorry im rambling... do you get what im going on about (sorry i dont!)

So what do you think?

X

Hey thanks a lot for getting back to me.. your advice was really helpful.. im not sure how much space thereis but ni will ask my boss tomo when im in!! why didnt i think of that? duh! lol.. and ye we are the only salon in my town who do minx nails so in was thinking of putting that in.. stating that we are way ahead of the competition or something? what do you think? you think thats cheeky? lol x

is it eck cheeky... you want the clients right??? :)

big yourself up bigtime make the readers think they have to have there nails done by you..... LIKE NOW!!!!!! lol
make the shop sound great and your products and make everything THE LATEST!! iykwim?
sell yourself........... as a therapist haha
and the paper will prob help you yano when you put it in, they helped me... make it sound all proffesional for ya (not that your not) :lol:

good luck xx

Another thing to consider is photo's. They are a great way to draw the eye to the page, and get a readers attention. Try and get some nice photo's of the premises, or contact your suppliers and ask if there are any of their branding images which you can use.

If you are looking at promoting Minx, then maybe play on the list of celebrities that are now seen wearing Minx, as this can be another good way of sparking some interest.

Latest posts

Back