Advice needed for ombre with L’Oreal products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samson1983

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if people could give me some input on what they would do regarding a colour I have in next week as I’m in 2 minds of which way to go about it.My clients natural base is about a 7.4 and there is about 4 inch regrowth and then blonde ends which was a previous balayage but looks very blocky,prob on the base of a 9.The colour she is wanting to achieve is a flat base prob still on base of 7 and ashen blonde ends.Il attach a photo of something similar.Question is would you go through and darken roots first then rinse off and go back and try to ombre or try do it all in one hit?Im concerned because with it being so blocky it could do with breaking up but don’t want it looking khaki if I pull bits through.I was thinking of using maybe 7cool cover or 7.1 cool cover to try knock out the copper.Any advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 94307510-424A-4C32-98A9-ACFCED1C5227.jpeg
    94307510-424A-4C32-98A9-ACFCED1C5227.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 16
Hi all just wondering if people could give me some input on what they would do regarding a colour I have in next week as I’m in 2 minds of which way to go about it.My clients natural base is about a 7.4 and there is about 4 inch regrowth and then blonde ends which was a previous balayage but looks very blocky,prob on the base of a 9.The colour she is wanting to achieve is a flat base prob still on base of 7 and ashen blonde ends.Il attach a photo of something similar.Question is would you go through and darken roots first then rinse off and go back and try to ombre or try do it all in one hit?Im concerned because with it being so blocky it could do with breaking up but don’t want it looking khaki if I pull bits through.I was thinking of using maybe 7cool cover or 7.1 cool cover to try knock out the copper.Any advice would be much appreciated
I would probably lighten through the ends first, try and break up some of the lines, use a 6 with a blue tone on the natural root, let it process then create your blend using demis or glosses. The reason I say a level 6 is because A 7 ash won't cover a 7 copper very well, it will only subdue the warmth. It's going to be difficult to get that icy blonde too I should imagine. Have you taken a strand test?

I would probably lighten through the ends first, try and break up some of the lines, use a 6 with a blue tone on the natural root, let it process then create your blend using demis or glosses. The reason I say a level 6 is because A 7 ash won't cover a 7 copper very well, it will only subdue the warmth. It's going to be difficult to get that icy blonde too I should imagine. Have you taken a strand test?
Thanks so much for replying.Only worried that if I use a 6 base with ash will go very dark more on the base of a 5?Maybe half 7.1 half 6.1?No strand test taken bit did explain concern about lifting ends too much even using Olaplex or smart bond so she is aware she may not achieve 100% what she wants but my concern is just the process.So you would think maybe lift the ends then flatten the root?Then follow with a semi to smudge/break up?

Flatten the copper root and lift the ends the same time, process, Then use a semi to create the blend and tone the ends.

I’’d use cool cover I can’t remember off the top of my head but is there a cc7.17?
I don’t think there is I’ll check in a sec. you can’t add cc7 in too. It’s still gonna come hut more like a 6.

If you use CC try majiglow for your toner if it’s still too warm

Yep there’s a 7.17 :)

I’’d use cool cover I can’t remember off the top of my head but is there a cc7.17?
I don’t think there is I’ll check in a sec. you can’t add cc7 in too. It’s still gonna come hut more like a 6.

If you use CC try majiglow for your toner if it’s still too warm

Latest posts

Back