Advice needed on bikini and underarm waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelaJH1982

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a booking in a weeks time for bikini wax, underarm wax, Bio gel nails and gel toes with pedi and also her friend wants a bikini wax when im there. (Im mobile)

I havent done bikini or underarm wax for along time as my most popular treatments are nails and eyebrow waxing.

I use perrron rigot wax, euroblone and crystal ocean.

What would you recommend i use for bikini and underarm. I was thinking hot wax for underarm and strip for bikini. Also at the beauty school i learnt at we got the client to tuck in tissue to their knicker line and then wax pulling taught. We were never taught to do the underneath, am i supposed to do the underneath for a bikini wax?

I dont do brazilian or hollywood, just the bikini as im NVQ two.
Please can you advice how far round i go, any tips and also the best order to do everything in?
I usually heat my wax before so its ready to go.

Thanks in advance for any advice :D

I would use hot wax for both bikini and underarm x

Hi all,

I have a booking in a weeks time for bikini wax, underarm wax, Bio gel nails and gel toes with pedi and also her friend wants a bikini wax when im there. (Im mobile)

I havent done bikini or underarm wax for along time as my most popular treatments are nails and eyebrow waxing.

I use perrron rigot wax, euroblone and crystal ocean.

What would you recommend i use for bikini and underarm. I was thinking hot wax for underarm and strip for bikini. Also at the beauty school i learnt at we got the client to tuck in tissue to their knicker line and then wax pulling taught. We were never taught to do the underneath, am i supposed to do the underneath for a bikini wax?

I dont do brazilian or hollywood, just the bikini as im NVQ two.
Please can you advice how far round i go, any tips and also the best order to do everything in?
I usually heat my wax before so its ready to go.

Thanks in advance for any advice :D
I would use euroblonde for both the bikini and for the underarm.

For a basic bikini you don't do underneath, you do the knickerline, so yes do as you were taught.

As you're using hot wax you can multi-task to speed up the treatment, get the wax on the bikini and let it set up, then get it on the underarms and let that set up while you remove the bikini wax, then just tidying up.
x

Hi, I would definitely use hot (non strip) wax for underarm as it's so much kinder. Although I now use hot wax for bikini, if you're not experienced and comfortable with using it then I would stick to strip wax.

Also, in terms of the bikini line and tissue, if you thread a piece of couch roll through each leg of the pants you can tie this in a knot pulling the pants in narrow (learnt this from Kim!). Although shows more than the intended wax area certainly doesn't get wax on the pants or stuck to tissue. Also, for a basic bikini wax I would take off all hair outside of the knicker line and that includes underneath (the gusset (horrible word!)).

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I do like hotwax but for bikini would you apply it in patches or a big area as if doing strip?

loulou71 if i do the gusset area do you get client to pull their leg towards them to get underneath?!
Also does the client need to turn over to do the rear area for bikini line?! Its really hard to explain in writing!
At beauty school we didnt do any of that, just the front down the knickerline! But think it shouldnt stop there as usually we have hairs underneath!?!

Do you guys usually ask your client how far under you go or should i just do it without asking?

Hi just ask them to bend the knee outwards and then wax from the knickerline and down to the gusset/underneath bit. I don't do anything of the behind area for a basic bikini.

As some of the other geeks have said though, some don't do this so do what you feel you're happy with but also your client.

Hope that clarifies.

Use hot wax for both underarm & bikini and apply in small sections like you always do (do not try to cover a large area like you would when using strip wax).

As for how much to take off, ask the client what they are expecting and then if you are happy to take off what they want then do it (some people's idea of a bikini wax is more like a hollywood lol), if you feel they want too much off then explain that you are only happy to take off to (and then show them where exactly).

If you are going to continue underneath then you would get the client to raise their leg to a position that you feel you can get to where you want but I wouldn't expect them to turn over or go on all fours for a bikini wax. The position I have used is to make the legs into a 4 by bending the leg outwards & putting their foot flat against their other knee.

A bikini wax is meant to only remove the hair from outside the knicker line, a normal pair of knickers too not a skimpy little thong type pair :wink2: so if it turns out they want more taken off than you are happy to do (or are trained to do) don't be scared to say no.

Hi I would def use hot wax ,and use the technique described above to pull knickers out of the way and the way you apply depends on your client we all have very diff shaped legs , I ask client to ballerina their legs and I do a strip on outer corner then the other to save time then I do the underneath part , depends how easy it is to see , some are easier with leg up others are easier to the side , I use lycon and think its fab , I do all intimate waxing and only ever use strip wax maybe to clean up the area a bit x

Hot wax for both without a doubt. I wouldn't let anyone near my bikini line with strip wax now. You'll be fine :)

Latest posts

Back