Advice needed on mobile mani / pedi in Hospital

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just had a call from a local hospital wanting me to do a mini mani & pedi for one of their patients.

I've accepted the appointment, however, I'm not really sure how to go about it.

The patient is mobile (can get out of bed etc), she is in an open ward (I assume we can close the curtains if need be for privacy).

My concern mainly is all my equipment that I normally use (i.e. table, mobile tea trolley to put my products on etc). Do I take this with me, or do I just use one of those up & down tables that they have over the bed ? Do those tables even go as far down as sitting level ?

To be honest, I feel a bit of a prat having to walk into a hospital with all my stuff and I would have to make several trips to get everything in. It would be great if I can get someone to help me, but that unfortunately is out of the question.

Any advice from people who have done this before would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

River

i don't think you would be able to take all your equipment into hospital as there insurance/health and saftey wouldn't allow it. If i was you i would take the bare essentails. The hospital bed goes quite high so make sure you can bump it up LOL and just do the pred on your lap if you know what i mean. Good Luck.

Do you suggest that I do the manicure over the bed like you would over a treatment couch ?

That might work ...... to be honest, I haven't seen a hospital bed for ages, so not sure how wide they are. Do you think it would be comfortable and that you wouldn't have to stretch too far ?

Yes, for the pedi I was intending to sit on the floor or low chair in any way, I was more concerned over the manicure and the logistics behind it.

River

If your client can sit out of the bed in the chair, then for the manicure I would
sit her there use the over bed table, which goes up and down quite a way cover with towels rolling one up for wrist support, use the locker to put all your goodies on and away you go voilla.

Joan

Thanks for your advice.

Depending on the situation, I will either work over the bed or on the bed table thingy. She really wants a solar manicure (which is slightly inconvenient due to the surroundings) but I'm sure I'll be able to manage something.

Do you think it would be OK to take a pedicure chair in ?? I was originally just going to sit on the floor, but that might look funny ....

River

Latest posts

Back