Advice needed on tanning and prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyalababy

Reaction score
Hi I have just invested in St. Tropez for my spray tanning business and wanted to do something a little different so was thinking of offering a full body spray tan including exfoliation (which I will do with exfoliating gloves) & a pre tanning prep spray which evens and smooths the skin out for optimum tanning results & charging around £25??
Just wanted some views on this really... Would you pay this price? would you like to have those added extras etc?

Look forward to hearing your views thank you

I would defo it makes it more of a treat x

I think £25 is not enough for a service like that, you are actually doing twice the work for one treatment's money. I usually charge £25 for a full body tan without any extras.

You are doing a manual application ( if it was a manual tan you would charge full price) I know you are only using the mitt but you are still spending time and giving your expertise away for nothing,

Then you do a spray tan and offering a retail product as well.

Very good value for money, I would pay £25 but to be honest a lot of clients out there dont want to pay more even if they are getting more, I find clients are happy to do their own exfoliation and would probably not want to pay more for the extras. The trick is to find the clients that want this kind of service and are happy to pay more, then you are laughing.

Good luck

I think £25 is not enough for a service like that, you are actually doing twice the work for one treatment's money. I usually charge £25 for a full body tan without any extras.

You are doing a manual application ( if it was a manual tan you would charge full price) I know you are only using the mitt but you are still spending time and giving your expertise away for nothing,

Then you do a spray tan and offering a retail product as well.

Very good value for money, I would pay £25 but to be honest a lot of clients out there dont want to pay more even if they are getting more, I find clients are happy to do their own exfoliation and would probably not want to pay more for the extras. The trick is to find the clients that want this kind of service and are happy to pay more, then you are laughing.

Good luck

Thanks guys,

Yeh this is sort of what I was thinking Tanfastic whether people will be willing to pay for the extras or whether they will just stick to my cheaper service of a Suntana tan as I will be offering them both...

I think I may offer the option of an extra exfoliation treatment at an added cost

Do you have st tropez solution where do you buy it from???

I use MyTan..visit my facebook page to see pics :) facebook.com/goldenmistspraytanning x

Latest posts

Back