Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJeffrey

Reaction score
I am a holistic and beauty therapist and have been renting two floors above a hairdressers for the last 18 months and so far doing ok. I am only working 3 days a week so am considering renting out one of my rooms to a beauty therapist. Someone has already approached me wanting 2 days per week. The thing is she is also into holistics more than beauty but wants to do both. Would this work? She doesnt have any clients yet as she has only just qualified and I am still building up more clients. So would she use my price lists or have her own? would she have her own business name? What would we do about booking new customers? Any ideas how this could work or would it be a mistake?

I would of thought it best to rent out to someone that offers services that you dont , nail technican ,chropitists spray tanner etc hope this helps and good luck in what ever you do.

I would of thought it best to rent out to someone that offers services that you dont , nail technican ,chropitists spray tanner etc hope this helps and good luck in what ever you do.

Thanks for that, I had my doubts whether it was a good idea, she is the client of one of the hairdressers downstairs and they told her that there was lots of space upstairs that isnt used. I just didnt want to seem petty but I have worked very hard and long hours to get my customers and have only just started breaking even. I was thinking of advertising for a nail tech tho so thanks for the reply much appreciated. Tracey

I had a similar problem a while back, why would i let someone rent a room next to mine doing the same thing as me? Luckily i now have hypnotherapists next door and maybe an acupuncturist, so no worries , phew! :)

I had a similar problem a while back, why would i let someone rent a room next to mine doing the same thing as me? Luckily i now have hypnotherapists next door and maybe an acupuncturist, so no worries , phew! :)

Hi Thanks for that. Do you mind me asking where you advertised for the hypnotherpist/acupuncturist? Do they do their own advertising?

Hiya

I rent rooms above a hairdressers and i am also doing well though I do have the odd quite days and weeks but nothing drastic Been in this place since mid febuary.

I am also an holistic and beauty therapist and personally I would bring someone in that does,nt do what you do.

I am not a lover of manicures dont hate it completely i just prefer pedicures so to help out with the rent I was going to bring in a Nail Tech, not only will this help with the rent it will generate bums on seats, and other treatments to add too.

In my opiinion I would bring someone in who does,nt do what you do, i think there could be alot of friction regarding appointments you would have to make an arrangement/plan for the day and week so you can both do your jobs well,

I would,nt bring in anyone that does the same as me coz i know we would clash by bringing in a nail tech would take the pressure of me doing nails which is the only thing about beauty that i dont like never have and dont think i ever will,, ( give someone else the job I say lol.)

good luck let us know what you decide to do

I did not advertise, the hypnotherapists got word that there was a vacant treatent room going, you see i rent a room from a leisure centre/hotel and there are 2 in total. Im not sure whether the guy from the hotel advertised a room or if it was just word of mouth

I had the same problems.
I rent the top floor of a hairdressers which was 2 rooms, but realised that I was never going to use the 2 rooms, so negotiated renting the one room.
The hairdressers has since tried to rent the other room out, someone approached her that did beauty, which was great as I do holistics, but I also do facials. She wouldn't drop facials so the hairdresser refused to take her on.

it needs to be someone that compliments what you do without clashing.

Hiya

I rent rooms above a hairdressers and i am also doing well though I do have the odd quite days and weeks but nothing drastic Been in this place since mid febuary.

I am also an holistic and beauty therapist and personally I would bring someone in that does,nt do what you do.

I am not a lover of manicures dont hate it completely i just prefer pedicures so to help out with the rent I was going to bring in a Nail Tech, not only will this help with the rent it will generate bums on seats, and other treatments to add too.

In my opiinion I would bring someone in who does,nt do what you do, i think there could be alot of friction regarding appointments you would have to make an arrangement/plan for the day and week so you can both do your jobs well,

I would,nt bring in anyone that does the same as me coz i know we would clash by bringing in a nail tech would take the pressure of me doing nails which is the only thing about beauty that i dont like never have and dont think i ever will,, ( give someone else the job I say lol.)

good luck let us know what you decide to do

Thanks for that advice. I have decided am not going to rent the room to her. I feel bad about it but I know it will cause problems especially if she wants to charge a different price to me but also I have paid out money for advertising, leaflets etc and she will benefit from that and take my prospective clients. I will advertise for the nail tech as I dont like doing manicures like either. :lol:

I had the same problems.
I rent the top floor of a hairdressers which was 2 rooms, but realised that I was never going to use the 2 rooms, so negotiated renting the one room.
The hairdressers has since tried to rent the other room out, someone approached her that did beauty, which was great as I do holistics, but I also do facials. She wouldn't drop facials so the hairdresser refused to take her on.

it needs to be someone that compliments what you do without clashing.

Hi thanks for that. That was good of the hairdresser to back you up. I have decided to advertise for a nail tech and someone suggested earlier spray tanner, acupuncturist or someone who does aromatherapy or hypnotherapy. I have two rooms to rent plus space in the reception area for the nail tech. So lots of possibilties. Just need to get over the guilt of saying no to the other lady.:cry:

Latest posts

Back