Advice on blonde, back to brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T12

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who has a natural level 7 root and bleach highlights on the ends. She wants to go back to a medium brown. I know that you have to fill the hair but she doesn't have much red tone in her natural hair so I'm really reluctant to pre-pig using red. Do you think it would be ok to use 7/03 in Wella colour touch to fill the hair and then use 5/0 colour touch as my final colour. My thinking is that the red tones in the 5/0 is enough to not make it go that horrible khaki colour but not enough to be a red toned brown? I'm trying to go for a natural brown as possible without using any Ash tones as I know that will turn it green. I just don't want to see over whelming red/orange tones. Also I'm thinking 5/0 because although it may be initially dark, it will fade out really quickly and go slightly lighter, more to a level 6 which is what I'm aiming for. Thanks in advance much appreciated.

Go for colour touch 5/0 + 6/71 with 1.9% it will be a very natural tone.

Thank you so much. I was debating to use 6/7 but didn't think to use 6/71, that is actually a good idea!

In fact if you want a true 5, then use equal amounts of 6/71 and 4/71

No I'm aiming for around a 6 base. But I'm allowing for some fade by adding in 5/0. I think if I just use straight 6 base then it'll fade too light? I don't use colour touch much so not sur on it's staying power

No I'm aiming for around a 6 base. But I'm allowing for some fade by adding in 5/0. I think if I just use straight 6 base then it'll fade too light? I don't use colour touch much so not sur on it's staying power
On prelightened hair colour touch lasts really well. Better than kp, because it's pure deposit with 1.9%, no lift at all.

Hi, I have a client who has a natural level 7 root and bleach highlights on the ends. She wants to go back to a medium brown. I know that you have to fill the hair but she doesn't have much red tone in her natural hair so I'm really reluctant to pre-pig using red. Do you think it would be ok to use 7/03 in Wella colour touch to fill the hair and then use 5/0 colour touch as my final colour. My thinking is that the red tones in the 5/0 is enough to not make it go that horrible khaki colour but not enough to be a red toned brown? I'm trying to go for a natural brown as possible without using any Ash tones as I know that will turn it green. I just don't want to see over whelming red/orange tones. Also I'm thinking 5/0 because although it may be initially dark, it will fade out really quickly and go slightly lighter, more to a level 6 which is what I'm aiming for. Thanks in advance much appreciated.
Depending if the hair is porous or not which I would imagine it is if it’s bleached on the ends, if you don’t inject enough warmth it will go khaki. And the 5 will suck in But reject really quickly and be left with a wishy washy colour. The red in the 5/0 your referring to is normally when your lifting colour not darkening/depositing. I would go in with at least a .3 for some gold before hand

Latest posts

Back