Advice on Facebook competition please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone can share with me the most successful Facebook competition they have done ?
I have just put a post on my page asking who is interested in a Christmas competition winning a back massage & facial ? But I don't know where to go from there ! Trying to get some interest and increase my likes and build my audience is the objective.
Help please, I have heard there are some rules on Facebook with regards to competition but I do see them going on.

Many Thanks
Jo x

I would say be very careful as Facebook don't allow competitions and could close your page down

we're doing a 12 days of Xmas competition and its going brill! The clients love it!

I'd like to do a FB comp and know there are rules, but again I see them going on a lot. I'd like to run a comp aswell, not sure how to word it or go about it.

You cannot run a competition which means people have to do something on your page to enter - eg. like my page to be entered, share my page to be entered, post on this status to be entered etc.

You can run a competition asking people to email you or you could create a blog to run the competition from there.

Just because lots of people are doing it, doesnt mean that they are not breaking the rules. Lots of people speed on the roads but it is only when they get caught that there is a problem. If someone was to report these pages to Facebook then they would get closed down without any warning, is it really worth the risk.

Mmh anyone else ?
Guess I need to look at FB rules, which I am sure will be complicated !
How do others get likes on there page I only have 112 and some of those are family etc
X

So if you run a comp saying like my page and share my pic you could risk your page getting shut down.

I might either risk it or direct them to a link on my website which enters them into the comp and also the mailing list if they wish.

Confused !
I typed in Facebook competitions into Facebook search bar and a page appeared with all kinds of competitions which involved people liking pages and sharing to be entered into it...

Latest posts

Back