Advice on hand and arm masage after another treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazmaz

Reaction score
hi all

i am training to be a nail tech at college and my friend has asked me to do her nails,we are either going to go for a fibreglass overlay or acrylic depending on the condition of her nails,but i am thinking of doing a hand and arm masage too as i am praticeing doing this...

will this hand and arm masage be ok to do after nail treatment like fibreglass,gel or acrylic? or is it more for a luxuary manicure? and what recomendations do you have for an oil to you? is olive oil added with an essientail oil ok or is this too thick?

would a hand cream like nsi nuture lotion or a hand cream be suitable for a masage?
thanks for reading and any advice would be brillaint!

maz x

Last edited:
Any lotion that won't start clumping up after a while massaging is good. I either use Creative's scented moisturizers or CND's solar butter. I'm not that knowledgable about oils, I just know you must be careful when using them, so read up! I've been learning a bit more about them and they are a great way to offer different mood enhanceers to a service (people also love being able to pick a scent they love, or finding out why this scent will relax them, this one is for energy ect). If you add a massage to your enhancement service, include it in your price as it is a skill and can be the thing the client looks forward to most. All I can say is never let your hands/fingers leave the clients hand/arm once you start, thats part of what keeps a massage relaxing. And practice your steps over and over so you can do it with your eyes closed, because if someone really likes a certain part of the massage and you forget it, they will know. Hth!

Latest posts

Back