Advice on minimising smell of Acrylic monomers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha johns

Kettering, Northamptonshire
Reaction score
Hi there wondered if anyone can help I qualified in arcylic nails years ago and now I finally have a bit of time to start up again with my acrylics only problem is it stinks my house out and thats not great with having kids!!! can anyone recommend something that gets rid of the smell so I ca get praticing thank you in advance xxx

Last edited:
Hi, i personally didnt find anything, however cnd retention+ is not as strong a smell,but it is still strong, but i find it goes quite quickly once i aired the house for a couple of mins x x

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, its awful isn't it! I use CND, have 3 children and my husband is asthmatic! I have now been confined to the spare room right at the end of the coridoor, and have to have both windows WIDE open when I do l&p as its just so strong.

If you find a cure...let me know! I haven't yet

I love CND Retention as the smell is gone the minute I finish a set (with proper disposal)
However, if you have an issue with smell regardless you should look into OPI Clarité. It is a very strong and durable acrylic and has ZERO smell.
I use it on 2 clients that cannot stand the monomer smell and they can last 3 weeks beautifully between fills. One of them pushes hers to 7-8 weeks occasionally and the regrowth is ridiculous but every single one always in place.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I was trained with ezflow but I guess once you are trained you can use anything! I'm aloud to practice my hard gel as that doesn't smell lol men they want you to earn money but then moan when you try to practice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back