Advice on my khaki hair please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi-lou

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Just wanted to ask any of the hair experts what I can do about my
hair! I got highlights on Wed ,dont know what was used but she
had three bowls of colour and one was definetly bleach.The end
result was too blonde for me and very "block" no highlights really!
Anyway i told her i wasnt too happy so she came back today and
low light thru it and then a toner.Now it has lovely shades of
khaki/grey highlights,I told her this but she said it was just the
light!
What i want to know is, what can i do to lighten/eliminate that
shade? Iam going on hols Monday so will the sun help to
lighten it up? Not to keen on getting anything else on it as
worried about the condition,but i want to look in the mirror
without crying! Please can someone give me some advice? x

Ring her up and ask her- be polite though!

Hi
I cannot see your hair so I can only imagine what it is like,
if the condition is ok and (not to over bleached)

You could ask her to pick out a few highlights here and there just for now (but not too to many) as the others will naturally lighten in the sun anyway.
This is a simple and easy procedure to do it should not take too long.

(She could also add some light gold pieces over a few of the worst khaki ones
just to take the Grey tinge off it )
but if your not confident in your hairdressers toning work then the first option may be a safer option.

I do think you should ask her to look at it again and see what she thinks,
and ask her what she can offer you to put it right ?

( you could also ask for test pieces as these would let you see the condition and let you see if you liked it first )

HTH:hug: X

Thanks for help, but i was wondering if there was anything I could do? not messing about with chemicals, I mean ,would a certain make of shampoo strip the grey tinge out? I dont want to go back to her, she says its fine,and I dont really want her do anything else to it now!!
I have it tied up and trying to forget about it! Please can someone recommend something I can do myself? thanx x

Thanks for help, but i was wondering if there was anything I could do? not messing about with chemicals, I mean ,would a certain make of shampoo strip the grey tinge out? I dont want to go back to her, she says its fine,and I dont really want her do anything else to it now!!
I have it tied up and trying to forget about it! Please can someone recommend something I can do myself? thanx x

Hi there
We are usually asked what is good for keeping the hair colour in your hair
so all the products your Hairdresser tells you to buy are good if you want to keep your color true.
We recommend that to stay out of strong sunlight / and try not to use over the counter medicated shampoos like vosene and strong medicated shampoos ect as these will strip colour from your hair.
You should use plenty of conditioner to keep the condition of your hair healthy :hug:

Hi
hows your hair doing linzi ?
hope you are feeling a little better about it now ,:hug:

Don't know if this will help, but my friend has an all over head bleach and it sometimes goes a bit brassy.
She uses a frosting shampoo on it to keep it light. I don't know the make but it's in a dark blue/purple bottle
Might be worth a try...................

Hi Minky,
Thanks for all your advice, but to be honest Ive had it tied up most of the time and avoided mirrors! Im away on hols tomorrow so hopefully sun will lighten it (as in take the grey tinge away!?) Then i will be happy! I will see what its like when I get back and if im still not happy then will go to another hairdresser and see what they can do, thanks again, pity you live so far away, I could have come to you!

Ive heard that tomato ketchup gets rid of the khaki, something to do with the fruit acids in it!!

I would be very reluctent to put anymore chemicals on your hair hun, although the previous thread was great advice, picking a few worst bits out and putting a gold on, that be the best idea, no bleach.

Hi Minky,
Thanks for all your advice, but to be honest Ive had it tied up most of the time and avoided mirrors! Im away on hols tomorrow so hopefully sun will lighten it (as in take the grey tinge away!?) Then i will be happy! I will see what its like when I get back and if im still not happy then will go to another hairdresser and see what they can do, thanks again, pity you live so far away, I could have come to you!

Hi linzi lou
Ive heard that the medicated shampoo mentioned does fade the colour out of the hair :wink2: but can leave it a bit dry so a good conditioner can help restore the moisture balance . Hope this helped :hug: x

Latest posts

Back