Advice on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura mc

Reaction score
I have been working for a company for the past 18 months and have had in house training in which the company do not legally have to give me certificates on . Does anyone have any advice on what to do next if I wish to ever leave the company ? Where would I stand and where would I go from there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated - many thanks Laura x

I have been working for a company for the past 18 months and have had in house training in which the company do not legally have to give me certificates on . Does anyone have any advice on what to do next if I wish to ever leave the company ? Where would I stand and where would I go from there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated - many thanks Laura x

Hi Laura, I have never worked for a company I have only ever been mobile, so I don't think I can give specific advice on your situation, but from my own experience I can say that if you wanted to go it alone you would need certificates. You don't say what brands you use, but in order for you to get professional supplies from companies most would require at the very least a manicure certificate.
Some companies will require you to do their specific training to use their brands and others will supply their product with a manicure certificate.

It might be worth looking into for future reference, perhaps phone a few companies whose product you would like to use and ask what their requirements are.

Also think about insurance companies, they quite often require you to specify what product you are trained in and only insure you for that specific product.

I'm sure someone that has experience of owning or working for a company will be along to give more specific advice. x

What kind of salon is this? A lot of nss salons do in house training. You might find when you do college training that you have learned bad habits! Not saying this is deffo the case. But I'm pretty sure you won't get insurance without qualifications, some companies don't ask for certificates up front but you might find that they wouldnt pay up if you had to make a claim x

Latest posts

Back