Advice on renting out space to someone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
I've been reading and reading til I'm blue in the face and I've still no idea where to start - I want to rent space in my shop to SPMU tech or similar and a few people are interested but I'm not sure where I stand with contracts etc and what questions I should ask them when they pop in to see me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated for a very confused gal!

You don't need a formal contract; just type up a simple agreement that you both sign.

If you're renting the space to them to come and go as they please, then I'd charge a weekly rent that is due whether they're there or not for 52 weeks.

Most SPMU techs give about 20% of what they take and you would get the clients which is a nightmare.

If I had a space to rent, I'd wouldn't get involved with getting the clients for them and I'd rent them the room for a session, say a morning or an afternoon or an evening. The rent would be paid up front whether their clients turn up or not. Have an hourly rate so that if they want to run over their session time, there's no awkwardness or bad feelings.

Keep it all simple and up front.

You don't need a formal contract; just type up a simple agreement that you both sign.

If you're renting the space to them to come and go as they please, then I'd charge a weekly rent that is due whether they're there or not for 52 weeks.

Most SPMU techs give about 20% of what they take and you would get the clients which is a nightmare.

If I had a space to rent, I'd wouldn't get involved with getting the clients for them and I'd rent them the room for a session, say a morning or an afternoon or an evening. The rent would be paid up front whether their clients turn up or not. Have an hourly rate so that if they want to run over their session time, there's no awkwardness or bad feelings.

Keep it all simple and up front.

THANKYOUUUU! Thanks for the advice Kim, I was thinking of charging a daily rate and they would have certain days that they'd be in? I don't want to get involved with their clients (unless they want their nails done!)

Any suggestions on questions to ask them when they come in to see me? I'm not exactly interviewing them I suppose but I want to know they're right for the place and they're committed and will actually be able to pay their rent etc lol!

Latest posts

Back