Advice on renting table in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milly said:
Hi Hannah,
I have recently started renting a room in a busy hairdressers and took the gamble of employing a saturday girl to do nails on the shop floor. To save money on furniture (and because I think mani desks are over priced) I bought a desk, drawers and a really cool chair for my client, all for £100, from Ikea. Everyone always complements the set-up.
As my Saturday girl rarely has appointments booked in, I get her to go round and ask clients having their hair /colour done if they would like a mini manicure, pedicure or file and polish and she is busy all day!
The hairdresser promotes my business within her salon, which works well for us both, as you will also be bringing her in new clients.
when you are not busy, offer treatments to the staff (free), it helps you to get to know the staff and they will then talk about you to their clients. It really works!
Your prices are all wrong, work out how much it costs you to do a set, include rent and your time, research the local competition, then set your top price and discount it as an intro offer, clients think they are getting a great deal - seeing the top price, but also it is incredibly hard to increase prices later (also, I find that people quite often will not go for the cheapest place, as they are usually not the best)!
GOOD LUCK

milly

Thanks for your comments Milly, but the introductory price I put on the cards is for mobile work. I only qualified in April this year and havent done that many nails since, so trying to get a few more clients so I can get more experience. Then I will put my prices up. I am still making a profit on £15 a set, even though it is a small one, I am not cutting myself short. I put on the cards, introductory offer with this card until --/--/-- So people would expect the price to go up after the offer period.

Latest posts

Back