Advice on semi permanent make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iheartwax

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need some advice please, I had semi permanent make-up done middle of November for lip liner & blush. Eye liner for top, bottom & eye enhancement. When finished everything was ok apart from you couldn't see eyeliner the therapist said your eyes are swollen you'll see it when its settled down and my bottom liner was only half way which I pointed out. She said that she couldn't go completely all the way to the end of the waterline as it would look droopy. I explained to her that I have had semi permanent make up before and the last lady was closer than what she did it. So she went slightly closer.
I rebook a colour boost for 13th January.
When eyes were back to normal I had no sign of eyeliner my enhancement & bottom liner faded an awful lot. I did all aftercare & everything I should of. Before I went to my appointment on 13th Jan I email the lady to explain what had happened because I wanted her to have plenty of time to do all the treatment and to know that I wasn't 100% satisfied. Also my right part of top lip had a more prominent line than other parts of the lip.
She cancelled 13th January appointment & rebooked for 11th February.

On arrival I showed the lady a couple of pictures of what I wanted my top eyeliner to look like (nothing massive just a little eyeliner), so we were both on the same page.
She did the bottom eyeliner a little closer to each side but not enough in my opinion. My eyeliner was still non-resistant. I said I cant see the eyeliner she replied because of it being swollen there is only so much i can do. She didn't have time to do my lip colour reboost,.

I was rebook in for 11th February this got cancelled & rebooked for 28th February.

Now I have been cancelled yet again. I still have no eyeliner, the bottom liner has faded and patchy. My lip still has one prominent line on the right and I still haven't had a 2nd colour boost on them.

I don't normally complain but I've spent a lot of money and feel I cant see anything. I am fully aware on how an eyeliner should look as I'm a make-up artits.

Is there anyone who does permanent make -up that can advise me on what to do as I want to approach this in the best way possible. I feel I've been messed around too much no and would like my money back.

Thank you to anyone who replies in advance its much appreciated.xxxxx

Hi,

I am a trained semi perm tech so will answer you as honestly as possible. In terms of eyeliner the other tech was correct in terms of how far to each corner the eyeliner can go. There are soft pockets of skin at the corners of your eyes and if the make up is applied here the pigment can migrate underneath the skin and cause all sorts of issues. We also cannot go too close to the inner eye. The eyeliner should be on the lash line, not in the wet part of the eye (bottom). Eyeliner not taking can sometimes be because of incorrect stretch. Just out of curiosity what after care advice where you given? How long did it last exactly?

Regarding lips, the lips heal from the inside out. It is quite usual to feel like almost all the colour has disappeared around a week after treatment. Then as the opaque skin continues to shed during the coming weeks the pigment should start to re appear. How long is it in total since your second treatment? Sometimes a client may need a third top up just to perfect the treatment.

If it were me and a client were unhappy due to the client not taking as well as they would have hoped I would rather offer a subsequent top up than a refund. I do feel it's a little unprofessional to mess around your appointment though.

Where are you located? I would be happy to answer any other questions for you if you like however I do still feel that your best course of action is to try and work things out with the original technician xx

Hi Ilovespmu

Thanks for replying to my post.

With bottom eyeliner I completely understand that it would go funny if she went too close to either side and if it was my first time having it I would accept what she said but I had SPM done 10 years ago & that lady did it a little more and it look darker.
My eyeliner faded after about 3/4 weeks (not 1 week sorry for miss understanding).

My lips I am happy with just apart from on righthand part of the lip lipliner stands out more the colour is fine and has got better over time.

Aftercare was no make-up for 10 days that was it. She knew that I have had SPM before I think that's why she didn't give me more aftercare. I did avoid contact with water for 2 weeks, avoided touching. As that's all I know.

I know where your coming from about sorting it out with her with a colour boost but it's the cancelling me three times that has upset me. I have little time and my own business to run it always the day before she does it.

I'm Northamptonshire, I really appreciate your advice.xxx

Ok yes I see what you mean.

I know, being let down last minute is frustrating and very unprofessional. Perhaps make it clear that you are unhappy about his, a little kick up the bum!

Hopefully she will offer you a further eyeliner treatment and stick to that appointment and you will get the result you are looking for xx

Latest posts

Back