Advice please - expanding beauty business. Am I mad??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraLush

Reaction score
Hi,
I run a hair and beauty salon. I am very happy with how things are going with the hairdressing side of the business. But I am currently looking into ways of improving the beauty side.. It has got to a point where I think we either have to give it up or really give it some real focus and attention to bring it up to the level where it needs to be and should be.
So, I have to change people's perspective who currently use the salon and not only re-decorate, but re-invent the beauty salon hopefully attracting a new clientele. All we do now is really lash extensions, eyebrow waxing and tinting, and acrylic nails. We need to get to that upper level where we expand and offer luxurious pedicure and manicure using brilliant products, lovely facials, again using excellent quality products and expanding our treatment list to offer such things as shellac/gelish, hd brows, myscara, intimate waxing.... etc etc. I have 3 brilliant beautician/nail technicians who's talents are currently being wasted!
Does anyone have any suggestions?? Things that have worked well for you? Things that havent worked so well? Also, would appreciate if anyone out there thinks Im mad in my thinking whilst we are in a recession.. Am I mad for trying to drive through it full throttle?

Thanks geeks :) Look forward to hearing some of your thoughts xxx

Hi,
I run a hair and beauty salon. I am very happy with how things are going with the hairdressing side of the business. But I am currently looking into ways of improving the beauty side.. It has got to a point where I think we either have to give it up or really give it some real focus and attention to bring it up to the level where it needs to be and should be.
So, I have to change people's perspective who currently use the salon and not only re-decorate, but re-invent the beauty salon hopefully attracting a new clientele. All we do now is really lash extensions, eyebrow waxing and tinting, and acrylic nails. We need to get to that upper level where we expand and offer luxurious pedicure and manicure using brilliant products, lovely facials, again using excellent quality products and expanding our treatment list to offer such things as shellac/gelish, hd brows, myscara, intimate waxing.... etc etc. I have 3 brilliant beautician/nail technicians who's talents are currently being wasted!
Does anyone have any suggestions?? Things that have worked well for you? Things that havent worked so well? Also, would appreciate if anyone out there thinks Im mad in my thinking whilst we are in a recession.. Am I mad for trying to drive through it full throttle?

Thanks geeks :) Look forward to hearing some of your thoughts xxx

I recently had one of my beauticians trained in HD Brows at the Nouveau Beauty Group, she is taking £150 per day in her second month and the business is growing, it also generates business for the other beautician in eyelash tinting, facials, waxing etc, training expensive but well worth it.

I am also looking to train her in LVL lashes the training is quite reasonable for this also from Nouveau Beauty Group.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back