Advice please! How soon before can get blonde done again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hi there just looking for your opinions and advice please.

I'm currently working my way back to blonde. After the last disaster I changed to a different hairdresser who works from home and must say I'm pleased with the job she did - she did all over head of foils.

But I'm a honey blonde and want to get back to extremely blonde and wanted to know, do you t hink it would damage my hair more if I went and got my hair done again with her this week (that would leave it 2 weeks since I last got it done) rather than wait the full 4 weeks between getting it done?

Basically lol would love all you geeks to tell me no its grand go ahead and get your hair done this week, waiting 2 extra weeks wont make a difference.

My hair is long, kind of thin and dry, not in great condition but the hairdresser did say that it must be fairly strong as its be able to withstand a lot - at present its not breaking or anything and im conditioning away at it.

thank you so much for your help

Hi Loveleelady, it would be very hard to say without actually looking at it and feeling it to assess the condition ,
you could ask for some test pieces to see how well it lifted and to see the condition ..... ask her to take test pieces form the worst parts as well as the ok parts
:) hth minky

Just because your hair doesn't feel like crap now doesn't mean it won't the next time but only your hairdresser can stop you from getting your hair coloured again. It does depend on what colour you were before getting your more recent highlights. If you've had a red tint in your hair, more than likely if you'd gone dark brown from blonde, it's quite hard to lift. If that's the case you were probably recommended to limit your colouring to every 4-6 weeks. If you're hairdresser is going to do a full head foils again she would be able to pick out the hair that needs further lifting and/or pick out other pieces of your previous colour to make it blonder. Whatever you do make sure you keep your hair in good condition; conditioning treatments, heat protection sprays, washing your hair every other day instead if you wash it every day and regular trims. Be careful of some shampoos and conditioners you use that SAY they can lighten hair, such as this "Sun In" stuff, it can make your hair orange and cause bad reactions with salon colours... like making it orange!

thats brill, thanks for your tips! its just so hard to have the patience to wait the 4 weeks as I'm mad to get back to lovely lovely blonde, I'll never cheat on it with other colours again lol

:lol: I'm going back to get it done tomorrow - just couldn't wait any longer!! Wooo so exicted I'll be proper blonde again sooon.

Excellent post a pic when it's done! I'm the same- VERY impatient with my hair especially going blonde. When I want it done I WANT IT DONE! :)

Latest posts

Back