Advice please Nail Geeks! Getting back into nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanhead

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks, I hope you can help me, I'm looking for some advice.
I trained with cnd about 10 years ago doing l&p after the course I didn't practise like I should of (18 years old with an ott social life) I wanted to be great without putting in the hard work. The nail thing never went anywhere (I'd already qualified in hairdressing and focused on that) now I am settled and more patient I am interested in getting back into it, I love all of the nail art and like the idea off just self teaching and maybe doing a nail art course eventually. I am still hairdressing (mobile) and go to lots of family's with young girls and thought that with some practice I could start doing princess party's as I know many who'd love this and there isn't really anyone in this area offering it. My insurance is due for renewal in a few weeks so I can alter my policy to include nails as well.
Do you think this sounds like a good idea?

In general this is a good idea Princess Parties etc...BUT self teaching?
Yes you can pick up a lot of good nail art ideas and techniques from you tube and DVDs so no problem there, but if you are planning on doing L&P enhancements again I would recommend a refresher course with CND, as a lot has changed in 10 years ;)

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice, I am not intending on doing services on customers initially. I like the idea of doing the nail art as a bit of a hobby/challenge. I'd like to see what I can achieve and would like to follow this up with a course and eventually offer it as a service.
I would like to get back into l&p and thought I could practise on a practise hand initially but one on one is a great idea to bring me up to scratch after getting a bit of practice that way I will know I'm doing everything right before I let lose on the public

Latest posts

Back