Advice please on my response to this!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunaberry

Reaction score
I've got a lovely lady who always supports my Facebook group with lots of nice comments. Two weeks ago I applied a set of l&p enhancements to her nails for a wedding she was going to. She posted last night saying how much she loved them and that they still look great so she was upset to have to remove them next week as she's going into hospital.
I had talked to her when I put them on about coming to me to have them removed for the hospital to prevent damage.
This morning she sent me a message saying she is so pleased with the growth of her own nails under the enhancements (she's a serious nail biter) and that she's posted a picture in my nail group on Facebook to show people.
I've just had a look and she's taken the enhancements off herself and yes, fine the nails are a good length to what they were but all I can see is the awful damage she has done to her own nails! Shocking white patches and flakes of nail aargh! I appreciate she has thought she is doing something nice sharing the picture of growth but I really don't want people to think this is what happens to your nails if you have enhancements with me! I make a point of taking my time with people to avoid any damage.
I want to phrase my comment carefully as I don't want to upset her because like I say she is a lovely lady and her intentions were good.
How does this sound for a reply:

'Thanks xx for posting your pictures. That's great about the growth and good to see. Please don't take offence but I wish you had come to me for the removal though as they look like they are in need of a bit of tlc now! 3 times a day with your nurture oil missy and hope all goes well at the hospital.'

Is it too harsh? Does it get the message across to others that I have not caused this damage without upsetting her?
Any other responses welcome!
Thanks Geeks xx

I think that sounds great, very diplomatic but gets your point across.

I wouldn't be offended if you sent that reply to me! I think it's light hearted but gets the point across nicely :)

It sounds good, the only thing I might change would be to change hospital for Monday or whichever day it was. Just in case she wouldn't like it being put out on fb, some people like to keep these things private xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with Flawless Beauty. Id also maybe put a x or 2 at the end so she knows that its meant in a friendly way. Words have no tone to them so it could be read either the way you've intended it to mean but could also be read as the other way.

Xx

Thanks all of you for the replies. Have to say I would never usually make any comment in my group about hospitals or anything they mention but this lady has posted about her hospital appointment most days (something that I'm really trying not to let it bother me, I really want to ask her to put these comments on my wall and keep the nail group nail related lol but I don't want to be petty lol!)
I'll post my reply now though (with a couple of kisses to soften it ;-) )
Thanks again xx

Hey hun I think your reply sounds good too :) defo end it with a few kisses. I like smiley faces and wink faces too as sometimes they can give across ur tone. Can I ask for some advice too please? What is your steps fir taking off acrylics so as not to damage the nail? A client had a whole nail lifting off the other day so I soaked it off, but underneath was a big (I mean big!) Chunk of nail sticking up off the nail bed! We both thought it was acrylic so kept soaking it and then I realised it was nail...all I could do was chop it off, I couldn't leave it there flapping around.nightmare as I pride myself on being gentle and kind to natural nails boohoo xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey hun I think your reply sounds good too :) defo end it with a few kisses. I like smiley faces and wink faces too as sometimes they can give across ur tone. Can I ask for some advice too please? What is your steps fir taking off acrylics so as not to damage the nail? A client had a whole nail lifting off the other day so I soaked it off, but underneath was a big (I mean big!) Chunk of nail sticking up off the nail bed! We both thought it was acrylic so kept soaking it and then I realised it was nail...all I could do was chop it off, I couldn't leave it there flapping around.nightmare as I pride myself on being gentle and kind to natural nails boohoo xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks hun! I might just add a winky smiley face too!
Must admit I have only been doing enhancements for just under two years so I'm maybe not the most experienced to ask! When I'm removing l&p I file it down a bit first so its thinner then soak in acetone (over a bowl of hot water) for about 10mins (only use bowls for l&p though anything else use the foil wraps) if its not flaking off I put it in for a bit more. This was way was taught in college and on nsi website. Touch wood I've avoided damage so far! But to be honest unless people need it removed for certain reason I file them so there's just a thin layer left on over nail and allow it to grow out instead.
I wonder if your lady's damage was more from when it lifted it might have pulled the nail not your removal?
But as I say I'm fairly new to nails so maybe one of the more experienced geeks might have better advice xx

You should post this question on Geeg's agony aunt thread. I'm curious what she would suggest. All the advice given sounds good though. I would be so upset in that situation. Can you remove the picture?

You should post this question on Geeg's agony aunt thread. I'm curious what she would suggest. All the advice given sounds good though. I would be so upset in that situation. Can you remove the picture?

Aww thank you. I feel happier now that I think I've made it clear I didn't remove them! X ps I've picked Geegs wonderful brain with so much already I think I'd better leave this one lol!

Latest posts

Back